Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need an answer to "can 2 different phone books be installed to the Outback"??

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
The phone book of the connected phone will be installed to the Outback. You cannot have two phones simultaneously connected to the Outback - if you do the system will just pick one of the two. Not sure how it decides which one to use. It could be possible that by picking a profile it might choose one phone over another but uncertain.

The car can "remember" more than one phone at a time, but can only access one phone at a time.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The phone book of the connected phone will be installed to the Outback. You cannot have two phones simultaneously connected to the Outback - if you do the system will just pick one of the two. Not sure how it decides which one to use. It could be possible that by picking a profile it might choose one phone over another but uncertain.

The car can "remember" more than one phone at a time, but can only access one phone at a time.
Her phone book will not even install. I removed both phones and installed just hers, and it would not install her phone book. Her phone might be to old??? It's a Moto G5.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts

·
Registered
2016 2.5i Premium / 2020 2.5i Premium
2,320 Posts
Her phone book will not even install. I removed both phones and installed just hers, and it would not install her phone book. Her phone might be to old??? It's a Moto G5.
My wife is using a G5. I don't think we have downloaded her phone book yet, but I will try later today and report back.

Also: "The wife is going nuts." Remember to duck when she swings! ;)

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT Black on Ivory
1,785 Posts
I run a Moto g6 and the wife has a g5. Both seemed to install OK BUT we had to install them under different user profiles. I think they can only be accessed by that profile as well but am unsure. Truth be told, she still hasn't driven the car ( or made a call)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Thats a bad spot to be in, I’ve been the wife going nuts, feel for you both! I don’t know your technical answer (sorry) but my Subaru dealer had a tech support follow up appointment where I could ask all my questions a few weeks after delivery. Not sure if during Covid they are still doing it, but it was well worth it to compile a list a “how do I” type things and get them all answered at once. Super smart way to help us tech newbies learn how. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats a bad spot to be in, I’ve been the wife going nuts, feel for you both! I don’t know your technical answer (sorry) but my Subaru dealer had a tech support follow up appointment where I could ask all my questions a few weeks after delivery. Not sure if during Covid they are still doing it, but it was well worth it to compile a list a “how do I” type things and get them all answered at once. Super smart way to help us tech newbies learn how. Hope that helps!
Thanks, but been there done that. They said her phone isn't new enough to list her phone book either. This was after they tried a whole bunch of stuff. Even removed both phones and just put hers in. It didn't even ask for her phone book. I've suggested her getting a newer phone, but she likes the one she has. Sigh----------------

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT Black on Ivory
1,785 Posts
Thanks, but been there done that. They said her phone isn't new enough to list her phone book either. This was after they tried a whole bunch of stuff. Even removed both phones and just put hers in. It didn't even ask for her phone book. I've suggested her getting a newer phone, but she likes the one she has. Sigh----------------
If you really think that is the cause, just get her the G6. It's much like the G5 but faster. ( We have both) Lets face it, phone and computer updates are inevitable. Sooner or later sticking with the old and trusted will become more painful than the switch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts