Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Outback 2.5i Limited
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car got broken into last Thursday morning early. Smashed my driver side glass!! They were trying to get my XM radio module but failed. Cost me $200.00 to get it fixed. Rarely do we have problems in our area. My car was in the carport when they did this. Police said they got scared off by my sensor light's. Just cannot have anything nice anymore.

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Premium 6mt, Twilight Blue
2,378 Posts
That sucks, sorry to hear that OP.

·
Registered
'08 Veracruz Limited
3,992 Posts
Property crime happens everywhere, even in the nicest spots. Sorry to hear it got to you.

The only thing you can do is not be the low hanging fruit.

·
Registered
2013 OB 2.5i Premium/DDD Graphite Gray Metallic OP#2 Weathertec Window Deflectors
405 Posts
Put every thing under lock and key, what a way to live, and it will get worse I'm sure,
everywhere, it's a shame

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,017 Posts
That stinks. I'm not up on XM modules but aren't they tied to an account and serial#.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey all. I am in Ft Washington, MD. When the policeman came over and was taking the report he commented that we never get any calls from around here. People coming into the area at night and checking cars. The XM module is the small XM receiver that you can put on the dashboard. They were after that. Yeah, now I have everything either hidden or out of the car at night. Just have to be more careful.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That stinks. I'm not up on XM modules but aren't they tied to an account and serial#.
Yes if they got it, I would just call them and cancel the signal. If someone tried to get a new one it would show up stolen. you think they would know this!!!

·
Registered
2009 Subaru Outback 2.5i 5sp Manual
355 Posts
You gotta remember criminals are stupid.

·
Registered
2011 Subie 3.6R Limited 2013 Cmax e=nergi PHEV
781 Posts
Wife left her purse in the backseat leg area(unbeknownst to me) last January at the NorthWoods INN in crappy gangland Covina. Parked under the light.

Smash and grabbed the purse and a bunch of Xmas gift cards. Had an identity theft occur almost simultaneously. I believe the bartend was in cahoots with f'n $#!trat.

Violated is the only feeling after being robbed.

She doesn't leave her purse in the car. And I ain't hitting the Northwoods ever after skiing Baldy. Lots of rats.

Scratched paint, broken glass, fancy purse, wallet, gift cards, and we were out over a g. NEAT.

SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
How comforting it is to know all consumer products are 5% more expensive than they should be to cover losses due to theft.
A form of taxation without representation.

·
Registered
2011 Outback 2.5i Premium, CVT, Steel Silver, all-weather package. Upgrades: Tweeter kit, BlueConnect, media hub, remote start, Curt 2" receiver hitch.
1,129 Posts
Not really... I live in Maryland, andwe do have representation. Washington DC, however, does not.

·
Registered
Lawn ornament XT
14,366 Posts
Sorry to hear about that OP.

The moron probably thought it was a GPS.
Yeah, somebody went for the suction cup I'd stupidly left on the window of my previous Outback.

Went in through the passenger's side window on a rainy night. Experienced job.

Whoever did it was pro enough to do it between 3 and 6 AM. He flipped the floor mat onto the seat to cover the broken glass, and got into the passenger's seat quickly enough to avoid extra attention.

Then he could take his time going through the car. Got the plastic sucker mount for my GPS and a pocket knife. The GPS itself was inside my house.

I discovered it early the next morning, fun cleanup and yep, around $200 for glass & installation.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts