Subaru Outback Forums banner
481 - 500 of 590 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
14,306 Posts
I’ll have to try this when I rotate my snow tires off in April.

When I tested it, my Autel . 508 did not detect a TPM in my spare. Perhaps it has to be used a bit to turn on.
When I put a spare on my car I didn't notice the TPMS either and I drove about 5 miles but I might have simply overlooked it.

·
Registered
2021 Onyx XT, 04 Mazda Speed Miata 07 Suburban.
287 Posts
The owner who reported the sensing of his spare on the onyx said it was within a minute or so of driving, same as normal.
Mine is in the storage well, never installed.
When I put the OEM wheels back on in April, I'll see if the car know where each wheel is. That would be cool.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Only thing I can really complain about it the gas mileage and the Rockford Fosgate system. It’s kinda weak. I’d like a sub installed but I don’t want anyone tearing into my dash.
Edit: and the auto start is a given complaint. The **** thing doesn’t stay off for more than 10 seconds ever.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Slightly different. The problem mentioned is that the auto stop doesn't stay stopped long enough. I would like it to stop the engine when at a traffic light and keep it that way until the light changes and its time to move.
If there was no draw on the battery, it would not have to start up. But the daytime lights, dash lights, computer and ventilation will draw the battery down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Outback Touring, 2015 Outback (sold), 2019 Toyota LC 200, 1998 Toyota LC 100, 1987 Toyota FJ60
768 Posts
Constant beeping. Everything beeps. Drives me nuts. Also the power tailgate. Mine opens on its own when my keys arena my pocket. But it doesn't always open when I need it to as it seems to have either over-active safety features on opening and closing or there is something binding.

The roof rack. Ugly and not usable for my use cases. So glad the Yakima fit kit is now available.

CVT and the protection programming - really makes me question the all wheel drive

All of these were also issues with my 2015 Limited and are worse with the 2021.

·
Premium Member
2020 Touring XT
790 Posts
All of these were also issues with my 2015 Limited and are worse with the 2021.
Well, thankfully, you can enable/disable all the things which annoy you, except the roof rack which you've already solved.

I was unaware that there is any question about the resilience and performance of the AWD. So anyway, you've been around here for 6 years, so you most likely know if you post a specific issue, there's going to be someone who will guide you through whatever solutions you aren't able to find through a Forum search.

·
Premium Member
2020 Touring XT
790 Posts
Doesn't help. Even with auto brake hold.
Odd

Welp, I hate the piece of sheet Auto Start Stop so I used the AutoStop Eliminator to shut the POS off and my life became perfect. Since you're beefing about it, seems like you'd be better off getting rid of it too.

Seems like a small thing, but when you have to deal with a small thing every single day, over and over and over again, it's worth it to find a way not to deal with it and make life better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Odd

Welp, I hate the piece of sheet Auto Start Stop so I used the AutoStop Eliminator to shut the POS off and my life became perfect. Since you're beefing about it, seems like you'd be better off getting rid of it too.

Seems like a small thing, but when you have to deal with a small thing every single day, over and over and over again, it's worth it to find a way not to deal with it and make life better.
That is my biggest gripe too! I don’t see why it couldn’t stay in the position it was set at.

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
14,306 Posts
Subaru could have decided to just let it stay how the user set it but then they would need to worsen their EPA fuel economy numbers for the vehicle. It's one of those quirky rules that you can't get credit for a fuel saving technology unless it defaults to on.

Reactions: ALSG and 2020XT

·
Registered
2021 Onyx XT, 04 Mazda Speed Miata 07 Suburban.
287 Posts
I don't really get the hate for Auto Stop/Start. It occasionally bugs me that it doesn't stop when expected, or starts before I take my foot off the brake, but generally it works as expected. If I am using it, I usually try to start the engine a few seconds a head of time, but if I miss, no problem. If it doesn't shut down when expected, no problem.

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
14,306 Posts
It's just cantankerous curmudgeons like me who can't stand losing control of when an engine starts and stops and does the shake 'n bake.

·
Registered
Outback 2021 Premium 2.5L
473 Posts
The **** thing doesn’t stay off for more than 10 seconds ever.
I know the conversation has gone a little back and forth on this, and I want the fuel saved to subtract 7 seconds and 60cc for the startup costs to reflect the true value... so that's my starting point on geekiness.

AVH does help. Outside temps being in a goldilocks sweet spot probably helps ASS stay off longer (not too hot or cold). I often use AVH cause I wiggle my toes at stop lights... (and AVH for drive throughs... its is awesome for long drive through lines) and then I get the shake and start. lol....

Reactions: DanielAcosta

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT, Abyss Blue Pearl (Mine) PP 2 , 2017 Ice Silver Outback Limited (Wife's)
197 Posts
First off I'm not singing the praises of ASS but it doesn't impact my life in any major way. I'm retired and live in Central Illinois in a fairly small city so going to my favorite liquor store has me going through about a half dozen stop lights at best and maybe add another 4 to get to downtown and I live on the edge of town. Sometimes I turn off ASS and sometimes I don't since the likely hood of it activating is pretty small. I'm sure I would feel differently if I lived in Chicago and had to drive into the city everyday for work.

When I started this post I thought I was making an important contribution to the topic but I guess all I did was get the posts closer to 500.

·
Registered
4 Posts
First off I'm not singing the praises of ASS but it doesn't impact my life in any major way. I'm retired and live in Central Illinois in a fairly small city so going to my favorite liquor store has me going through about a half dozen stop lights at best and maybe add another 4 to get to downtown and I live on the edge of town. Sometimes I turn off ASS and sometimes I don't since the likely hood of it activating is pretty small. I'm sure I would feel differently if I lived in Chicago and had to drive into the city everyday for work.

When I started this post I thought I was making an important contribution to the topic but I guess all I did was get the posts closer to 500.

481 - 500 of 590 Posts