Subaru Outback Forums banner
561 - 580 of 590 Posts

·
Registered
2010/2016 outback
1,063 Posts
I agree the Outback drives better than the 4R, but some of us love simplicity, predictability and reliability. My Wilderness are definitely not the first two and I won't ever find out if its reliable long term. The Outback is just annoying with all its tech, CVT and 'safety" features. The outback fits my daily lifestyle. I just like the 4R better than anything I've ever owned.
Let me think, the last Toyota I had was a 83 Tercel 2 door hatch manual transmission. Loved that car even with the vinyl floors. 300-500k no problem!

·
Registered
2014 3.6R Limited
1,210 Posts
There is still enough room for a pair or 2 of gloves! ;)

I may have to do that, because otherwise the glove compartment is dead storage in prime space for the upcoming decade. I'll have to put a note to myself in the glove box, as that's the first place people expect to find it.

otherwise, it consumes a good 2/3 of the width and all the height of the already-small compartment.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I'm going to add a few things to my dislikes about the Wilderness. A huge fail is all the plastic cladding especially the front bumper. The selling point was that rock chips wouldn't affect it as much as paint. Well, paint can be repainted. Plastic can't be. Another fail is the anti glare strip. Mine is already fading with 95% parking garage. Another thing fading is the rubber trim around the roof rack. I can add 303 to the rubber. I want to remove the anti glare sticker, but I will add the 303 to it as well and see how it holds up. So much upkeep to all this stupid plastic.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Picked up my Wilderness and drove it 330mi home via interstate, congested cities, and rural country. As of now, the only thing I do not like are the Wilderness floor mats. Dig the rubber, but they’re rather slick.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Tuxmats look gnarly and have crazy coverage. Hadn't seen those before. How do they feel? I hate how plastic-y and rigid WeatherTechs are.
I only have the rear. It protects every inch of carpet behind the seats which is important with a dog that gets dirty. I've thought about getting the front ones since I have started coaching outside again and get plenty of mud and dead grass.

·
Premium Member
2021 Outback Touring XT
263 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Outback Wilderness Magnetite Grey
54 Posts
The seat heater controls. Why can’t they just make the the little symbol in the bottom corners be direct touch sensitive instead of pulling up a big clunky seat heater control screen? Are they afraid people will accidentally turn them on or something? Seems like such an easy fix to make something as frequently used as that to be so much more pleasant.

·
Registered
2022 Outback Touring XT. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
2,616 Posts
Think I found something I don't like - the center console cupholders. Why so huge?
They are also too deep. We typically use small cans or cups. I use a spacer in each holder.

Reactions: walker

·
Registered
235 Posts
@njoutbacknj you're an intelligent, articulate, and reasonable person, but I still don't understand why after having gotten rid of your Outback (which I applaud people who make decisions/choices instead of just whining) you continue to come here and whine about an Outback you no longer have. Stranger still, it's not just low effort comments - you find information and present it in a nicely formatted way.

While it's possible for a disgruntled former owner to have valuable contributions to the forum, e.g. troubleshooting advice, just coming here to say "get rid of your outback like I did" wears thin and it's been - a year? You seem to want to cheer on negativity.

Please don't take this personally - you're a likeable person and do big hearted things in your life that make a positive impact on people and pets. This isn't an attack on you - it just seems like something is preventing you from just moving on from your bad Subaru experience.

My 1996 Impala SS had a body mounted 1/2" off from the frame but I wouldn't go to their forums to complain about it - that car is history to me. My Subaru SVX blew a transmission and I got rid of it, but I don't go to SVX forums to keep recounting the tale - it's behind me. My MR2 turbo snap spun but I don't go to MR2 forums to keep bringing up the issue.

The outback isn't the right car for everyone, or Subaru in general. Every brand has issues. It's not as if we need you to tell us this - it's not a special insight or really a valuable contribution and the baffling thing is I can't see what benefit it has to you.
Some people just have an innate need to constantly and continuously tell the rest of us why we are wrong about something based on their negative experiences with a product, even when they themselves no longer own said product. Doesn't matter if the forum is about cars, computers, guns, lawnmowers, BBQ Grills or what have you. There are always those who will do so.

At least ones I've seen here are pretty polite, which is more than I can say their counterparts on some of the other forums I partake in.

561 - 580 of 590 Posts