Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 5'11 190 lbs. This car is just not big enough. It is **** near impossible to get into the car unless the seat is all the way back. The front passenger seat area is way too small and tight. The back seat has very little legroom. It is a back-killer on trips of more than an hour. The 4 cyl is vastly underpowered. but it does get around in the snow with no problem. It handles beach sand better than my Jeep CJ.
Around town its fine . There is ample space for hauling stuff but I can't figure out why they made a split rear seat back without splitting the seat bench. You can not put down just 1 side at a time and have a passenger sitting on the other side. The seat bottom must be folded forward. what were they thinking..
What was I thinking when I bought this ??
Never again

·
Registered
107 Posts
Weird, I'm 6'1" 220 with long legs and the 05 OB we got on Sunday has plenty of room. Makes ya wonder, don't it?

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
Skee, sorry to hear of your OB woes. I am 6 ft tall, 225, and I can get into my OBS with ease or my wife's Baja with ease. I hear you about the rear leg room. Maybe you would be a good candidate to go sit in the new seven seater and see how that fits. All Subaru's have terrible leg room in the rear if you ask me, that's why I drive all the time...Brian

·
Submod , ,
3,022 Posts
When I bought my 97 LOB last summer, one of the selling points for me was that the cab felt cavernous but that's comparing it to my 97 Corolla that I've been driving since new (and it now has almost 190,000 miles).

BTW, I'm 6' @ 205 w/two teenagers who sit in the back. I've not had a problem yet being kicked from behind in the Subaru but then they've been riding in the Toy since they were little and have developed good back seat skills. ;)

Sorry to hear about your woes :(

·
Registered
107 Posts
O.K.
I'm gonna have to call shinnannigans on this one. "Cavernous" the exact terminology that Subaru uses.
j/k :D

·
Submod , ,
3,022 Posts
Hey!

My "cavernous" test is while siting in the driver's seat if my right elbow doesn't touch the passenger's door.

Another test happens if I forget that the wife drove the car last and after attempting to sit down in the driver's seat without first adjusting the seat back I need to go to the hospital. :16:

and, and, and I can almost fit the Corolla in the "dog compartment." :p

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm 5'11" 210 lbs. ,and have gone from owning three different mini vans to my subie and have no problem with the amount of space. My son recently went on a four hour trip with us and sat in the passenger seat. He's 6'6" and 320 lbs. and did'nt complain. He had a little trouble getting in and out but not too bad. His 14 year old sister was sitting in the seat behind him and was only slightly uncomfortable with his seat being all the way back. My wife sat behind me and was comfortable with how I needed my seat set for the trip. Overall it was a good test and the subie came out to be a comfortable ride for all of us.:cool: :p :) :D

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hmmm... I'm 6'2" 190 lbs. and I fit fine in the front... the backseat is a different story. Sorry to hear about your dislike of the car though. I agree with Jondalar, many of those things should have been readily apparent during the test drive. Best of luck and I hope the car doesn't cause you too much grief!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
Injektilo
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing