Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Outaback 2.5i Limited with eyesight.
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We really love our 2018 Outback limited but we think they missed a few features that should have been added to the limited/with Starlink and Eyesight package.

There is no heated steering wheel. Our previous car had this feature and we loved it. Missing it on the Outback.

The side mirrors aren't included in the seat memory function. Again, our previous car auto adjusted the mirrors and the seat when depressing the seat memory button. Not a huge deal and wasn't a deal breaker but we miss it.

The driver seat doesn't automatically go all the way back when the ignition is turned off.

Adjustable foot pedals. This would be nice for drivers with short legs. IE my wife, also should be included in the memory system if it were available.

I really like the voice command feature. It will adjust cabin temp, fan speed and is very good at accurately finding directions. BUT it would have been even better if they made a voice command for adjusting the mode function for the vents as well as one for the heated seats settings. "Set vents to floor" "Set vents to dashboard" "set vents to defroster" etc....

Anyone else think they missed a few things that would have been nice to have on a loaded car?

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,318 Posts
full service wipers

·
Registered
2007 Outback L.L. Bean 3.0, 2018 Outback Limited 3.6R
144 Posts
We really love our 2018 Outback limited but we think they missed a few features that should have been added to the limited/with Starlink and Eyesight package.

There is no heated steering wheel. Our previous car had this feature and we loved it. Missing it on the Outback.

The side mirrors aren't included in the seat memory function. Again, our previous car auto adjusted the mirrors and the seat when depressing the seat memory button. Not a huge deal and wasn't a deal breaker but we miss it.

The driver seat doesn't automatically go all the way back when the ignition is turned off.

Adjustable foot pedals. This would be nice for drivers with short legs. IE my wife, also should be included in the memory system if it were available.

I really like the voice command feature. It will adjust cabin temp, fan speed and is very good at accurately finding directions. BUT it would have been even better if they made a voice command for adjusting the mode function for the vents as well as one for the heated seats settings. "Set vents to floor" "Set vents to dashboard" "set vents to defroster" etc....

Anyone else think they missed a few things that would have been nice to have on a loaded car?
What was your previous car?

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,307 Posts

·
Registered
2017 2.5 Touring
1,413 Posts
You are correct. The Heated wheel only available on Touring began in '17, and I had heard they were adding it to the Limited as well beginning in '18, but they did not.
Thanks for catching my error.

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
7,161 Posts
  • Heated steering wheel
  • Memory side mirrors
  • Automatic seat positioning
  • Memory adjustable pedals
  • Additional voice commands
How much extra would you be willing to pay for each of those options? How much extra would you be willing to pay over the life of the car to maintain/repair them?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Heated wheel IS an option.

Yes but it's not worth the extra price of the touring package. It should be included in the limited package.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What was your previous car?
2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited.

We would have kept it had it been AWD. Fully loaded, reliable and had every feature I mentioned for around 30K. The Subaru is probably a better quality car overall but they missed a few things that could have been easily included. Obviously not deal breakers but that wasn't my point.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How much extra would you be willing to pay for each of those options? How much extra would you be willing to pay over the life of the car to maintain/repair them?

With a car that already has some very sophisticated electronics such as Starlink, Nav, Eyesight, Blind spot monitoring, AWD to name just a few you think the few added features I mentioned would be deal breakers or concerns due to added maintenance? Thanks for making my day, but your question(s) are funny!

They would be nice to haves and they were overlooked by Subaru.

·
Registered
2018 Touring 3.6R
903 Posts
Shopping OB's now and didn't realize that feature was missing. Another for the "con" list.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6R Limited, all dressed
97 Posts
It's on my Canadian "Limited" model, not available on the "Touring". Go figure.
The Canadian “Touring” is a mid-level trim (below Limited). In US parlance, “Touring” is the top level trim akin to the Canadian “Premier”. This makes for damnable confusion at times!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Shopping OB's now and didn't realize that feature was missing. Another for the "con" list.
We didn't notice it until after we bought the car. Deal breaker - no. Every car I've owned with memory seats had the feature so we find it odd that Subaru over looked it.

The lack of a heated steering wheel is also an annoyance. Especially when they went through the trouble of adding rear heated seats.

Good luck with your search. We like our OB and have no buyers remorse yet.

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6R Limited
440 Posts
The lack of a heated steering wheel is also an annoyance. Especially when they went through the trouble of adding rear heated seats.
I definitely would have preferred a heated steering wheel over heated rear seats. I never have to sit back there.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I definitely would have preferred a heated steering wheel over heated rear seats. I never have to sit back there.

Yes, same here.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts