Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been shopping around for a new car and I really like what the Outback has to offer. I'd like to get a touring model for the Java Brown interior and the roof rails. However... I think the exterior colors for that model are absolutely terrible :crying: Black and white both show dirt incredibly easily and I'm not a fan of Dark Blue or Green.

Is there any possibility to factory order one in Crimson Pearl Red or Magnetite Grey Metallic? I feel like this is just a matter of spraying a different color paint during assembly.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,017 Posts
The only off the books color has been a limited run of Brilliant Brown Pearl. Not a chance for a one off.

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,304 Posts

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Touring
367 Posts
We would have liked red but are very happy with the green. It looks especially at home in the woods.

·
Registered
2018 Touring 3.6R
903 Posts
I've been shopping around for a new car and I really like what the Outback has to offer. I'd like to get a touring model for the Java Brown interior and the roof rails. However... I think the exterior colors for that model are absolutely terrible :crying: Black and white both show dirt incredibly easily and I'm not a fan of Dark Blue or Green.

Is there any possibility to factory order one in Crimson Pearl Red or Magnetite Grey Metallic? I feel like this is just a matter of spraying a different color paint during assembly.
I agree on the lack of color choices, although I think the Java brown clashes with the Magnetite. I don't see either the crimson or magnetite being much better than white when it comes to dirt though (we've owned all of those colors). My wife would have preferred the crimson again just because she likes that color. The only color I've owned that really hid the dirt was silver. The tan/gold/light blues will hide dirt but I'm not old enough to be seen in any of those colors :grin2:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Nah you cannot choose your custom color for touring . I wish we could so I got blue with java brown interior .

Kind of sucks to have limited colors for touring model ..

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Touring
346 Posts
We would have liked red but are very happy with the green. It looks especially at home in the woods.
I liked the looks of the red on the other models but went with the green too. Very happy with the color with the Java interior.

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Touring in Wilderness Green
53 Posts
Seeing the Wilderness Green with the Java Brown in the sun sealed it for me.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Touring 3.6R
971 Posts
Yeah, I would have preferred a silver on mine, but my desire for everything else that came with the Touring trim overrode the color desire. Ended up with the white, as it's gorgeous when it's clean and the sun makes the pearl sparkle.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Touring 2.5
35 Posts
We did the dark blue. We also have a 1/2 mile gravel driveway! There is something about the way the body is shaped and the aerodynamics that helps to minimize how much dirt shows. Our dark Outback stays much cleaner *looking* than our pearl blue Forester did.

·
Registered
2018 White Outback Touring 2.5i
671 Posts

Crimson red pearl would have been nice. Amazing how the top of the line car $$$ gives you less options for exterior & interior colors. The olive drab green goes best with the only choice of brown leather interior. The navy blue, black & white are ok too but other options would have been nice. The fact that the brown interior is a bright brown saved it for me. I held my nose & ordered a white one after seeing the white & blue tourings at a dealership. Subaru dropped the ball on this one but they still got my $$$. So who's smarter?

·
Registered
2018 Touring 3.6R
903 Posts
Subaru dropped the ball on this one but they still got my $$$. So who's smarter?
True. But there are always compromises of some sort when buying a car. Even the cars that allow you to order everything as specific as you want....you'll question your sanity when you see the price to make those minor changes.

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited w/ES, Wilderness Green
565 Posts
If you want complete flexibility on color and other options, go Mini. They claim to have more than 10 million combinations available in their option packages.

Of course, their base price is almost meaningless. You'll likely add 50% to 100% to that number to get out the door. ;-)

·
Registered
24 Posts
[

Is there any possibility to factory order one in Crimson Pearl Red or Magnetite Grey Metallic? I feel like this is just a matter of spraying a different color paint during assembly

That would never ever happen!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts