Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Outback Premium, 2.5i All Weather Package, CVT, PZEV, Jet Black Silica, puddle lights
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a newbie, first Outback, 2013, Premium with CVT with All Weather Package. Love the car so far. Seriously considering getting the Interior Illumination kit installed by the dealer. Does anyone with this kit have any pics to share or any advice ?
Looks like the cost is about $280 installed ? I see that Subaru Parts sells the kit for $180

·
Registered
2013 Outback Premium, 2.5i All Weather Package, CVT, PZEV, Jet Black Silica, puddle lights
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link ! I knew I saw it before. Couldnt find it again in search because I was searching for Interior Illumination kit.

·
Registered
'13 OB, Black, SAP
271 Posts
I think it looks awsome, just seemed REALLY bright in the pictures. Either way, its on my to do list.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Greetings,
Based on the forum photos I added this to my Outback order.
Once I received the vehicle I realized that the photo was probably enhanced due to the night time photography. The actual lighting package is much more subtle in real life than the photo suggests.
With the dash lights dimmed a bit, the extra illumination is perceptable, but not what I would consider to be dramatic.
The relative worth of the option is pretty subjective....getting it all at one time with the new vehicle sort of hides the additional cost, so to speak. Adding it in separately with a bill for several hundred dollars and I don't know that I would recommend it.
Still, it does look nice...
YMMV,
b.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Limited w/moonroof package and Illumination Package #2 Dark Grey Metallic
67 Posts
I think it looks awsome, just seemed REALLY bright in the pictures. Either way, its on my to do list.
at it's brightest setting it is not distracting at all...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Greetings,
Based on the forum photos I added this to my Outback order.
Once I received the vehicle I realized that the photo was probably enhanced due to the night time photography. The actual lighting package is much more subtle in real life than the photo suggests.
With the dash lights dimmed a bit, the extra illumination is perceptable, but not what I would consider to be dramatic.
The relative worth of the option is pretty subjective....getting it all at one time with the new vehicle sort of hides the additional cost, so to speak. Adding it in separately with a bill for several hundred dollars and I don't know that I would recommend it.
Still, it does look nice...
YMMV,
b.
I agree, I think hiding the cost into the vehicle at purchase makes it hurt much less. I wish I had seen these photos before buying my new OB. For sure I would have done this up front.
The photos do make it look rather bright, but that can be dimmed with the dash lights. Ive not seen any OB in person with the lighting package installed, so tough for me to gauge how bright it truly is. LOVE the look either way, even the bright look on the photos. The cost is the only thing stopping me right now. Been looking at other sites that sell under dash mount LED's, some change colors too... and for far less money. But I really like the cup holder lights in the Subaru kit also.

·
Registered
'13 Ouback 3.6 limited
63 Posts
I put it in after the fact and love it. It's adjustable and still comes with a 3 year warranty through the dealer. Well worth it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts