Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im on the edge and need a hand. Do you like the hood deflector and have you had any problems with the screws on the front rusting?

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
I like the looks of it. I think it matches the moonroof deflector very well. The screws through the plastic are painted/coated. Mine in two years looked new. The issue is the foam strip underneath harming the paint. I put a narrow strip of 3M Clearbra under it and had no issues on my '11. On my new '13 I went with the "bikini cut" bra(about 1/3 of hood) so I didn't have to deal with the small clip protectors. Check out http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/104-gen-4-2010-present/34839-hood-protector-harming-paint.html

·
Registered
573 Posts
Use a magnetbra, www.magnetbra.com

There are a few of us who have them on the forum and love them. It's a big magnet, comes in black or white, can be painted if you wish, and is only $50.00

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've had the hood protector on my car for 3 years. I would say don't even install the foam backing strip. Too much debris gets caught it in and it will loose it's adhesive anyway. I haven't had an issue without it, my rubber stoppers on there hit the hood long before the plastic would. I did install those rubber stoppers in slightly different locations than the instructions suggest. I also have a clear bra under the hood protector though, so I haven't been too concerned.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
pwrdbym
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing