Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Outback 2.5L, 2005 Outback XT Limited
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small small seep on driver side VC. I checked it out yesterday and it was more wet than just a seep. Lookin around it’s coming from towards the top? Bottom of oil filler neck is wet. Browsing around here and LGT doesn’t seem too common but looks like it is possible the oring is bad. Any one have this issue? 05 xt 96k most folks will say spillage from filling but I’m pretty certain it’s not from that considering there’s no wetness above an inch up from the bottom of it.
Light Hood Yellow Bumper Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
14,470 Posts
Do you have more photos? Not really seeing anything in the original image.

·
Registered
2007 Outback 2.5i
77 Posts
Can’t tell anything from the pic but if the leakage is near the base of the oil filler tube, it could be that your variable valve lifter switch has sprung a leak. Need a better pic.

·
Registered
2001 Outback 2.5L, 2005 Outback XT Limited
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My bad on the pic. I guess I was just more curious if anyone had theirs leak and replaced the o ring. I cleaned the oil off and drove home and saw that the very bottoms of the filler neck was wet again and had a small amount starting to drip down the valve cover. I went ahead and replaced the o ring. The old one was flat and flush with the filler neck and when I took it off you can bend it and it broke in half. 2 days of driving around and nothings wet or leaking anymore.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts