Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Outback 2.5XT 5MT Atlantic Blue/Graphite
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The best dealer experience I have ever had! I had to drive 100 miles from my house to get my new OB XT 5MT, but it was worth it!

I worked with the Internet Sales manager and he gave me his best price way up front before they had even located my car (around a month ago) and stuck to the same stated price when the car finally arrived. Car price was just slightly above invoice.
The were one of only two that responded to my Internet inquiries out of a total of 7 that I requested quotes from.
They ended up having to do a dealer trade to get me my car, but it was delivered the next day.

Highly Recommended!

·
Registered
8 Posts
The best dealer experience I have ever had! I had to drive 100 miles from my house to get my new OB XT 5MT, but it was worth it!

I worked with the Internet Sales manager and he gave me his best price way up front before they had even located my car (around a month ago) and stuck to the same stated price when the car finally arrived. Car price was just slightly above invoice.
The were one of only two that responded to my Internet inquiries out of a total of 7 that I requested quotes from.
They ended up having to do a dealer trade to get me my car, but it was delivered the next day.

Highly Recommended!
I recently almost did a deal with these guys. Mostly a good experience but there were a couple of things that really irritated me:

1. Offering me a HUGE discount on a car that didn't remotely interest me (SAP instead of the options that I wanted, 2013 instead of 2014, and the price AFTER discount was basically the MSRP of the cars I was interested in... so basically ignoring me when I said I'm looking to spend around 30k for moonroof and nav, and instead trying hard to convince me to buy SAP for 2 or 3 grand more.)

2. Again, not listening/reading/paying attention to the details - I had a quote for 30,813 on a model with MSRP 34,768 elsewhere. This dealership has a model with MSRP 34,596. They are identical except for a $172 "rear bumper underguard". So I've spelled it out numerous times for them: I need them to beat 30,813 by AT LEAST $172 and give me a good reason to choose them over the other guys. After lots of stalling tactics they finally gave me their best quote. The guy was like "Wait for, it, this is gonna be amazing, I can do 31,113!" After swearing high and low that he would beat ANY price. Period. So I say listen, I can't do that, that's 300 MORE than the other dealer has in writing for me. His answer was "Well yeah but their car has a lower MSRP! I can't just make our higher MSRP go away ya know!" NO, their car is the one with the higher MSRP and you've really wasted my time. This happened more than once - telling me they'd beat a quote, then when they couldn't even match the quote, claiming it's because their car is more expensive to begin with when it isn't. After I'd given them ALL of the numbers myself.

Overall I did like them and they did offer me very, very good prices. They tried very hard to make me their customer - but someone else tried harder. Listened better. When a salesman has a hard time hearing what you're saying, and you've expressed yourself clearly multiple times, it's a real problem.

·
Registered
2005 Outback 2.5XT 5MT Atlantic Blue/Graphite
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Overall I did like them and they did offer me very, very good prices. They tried very hard to make me their customer - but someone else tried harder. Listened better. When a salesman has a hard time hearing what you're saying, and you've expressed yourself clearly multiple times, it's a real problem.
Sorry you did not have a good experience, but I don't think that this dealer is the same one I did business with back in 2004. They went out of business a year or two later.
The new dealer (Ladin Subaru?) is a different one.
I also dealt directly with their Internet/Fleet sales guy instead of the regular sales people.
At the time, he was able to locate the exact Outback that I was looking for. I had to wait a while since it was being shipped out on a truck, but it was worth it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry you did not have a good experience, but I don't think that this dealer is the same one I did business with back in 2004. They went out of business a year or two later.
The new dealer (Ladin Subaru?) is a different one.
I also dealt directly with their Internet/Fleet sales guy instead of the regular sales people.
At the time, he was able to locate the exact Outback that I was looking for. I had to wait a while since it was being shipped out on a truck, but it was worth it.
Whoops! That'll teach me to look at the posted date on an old thread before bumping it. I'll look to see if there's a newer thread for Ladin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts