Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Outback Premium 2.5 Auto
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! It's that time to decide if we get to keep our outback or need to part ways and go to the dreaded minivan.

We currently have a Graco click connect rear facing car seat for our baby which is due in May! However we can't fit it in the car with our other two boys convertible seats.

Has anyone had any luck using the click connect infant seat three in a row with other convertible seats? Our boys are 5, 3 and not born yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

Steve

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, please don't post about things other than the related topic of fitting three across in the outback. I just don't want to get too off topic.

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5
187 Posts
I know its not the same, but my friend has a similar set up but in their '16 or '17 Forester...They have two front facing kids seats and a rear facing one

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
It would be gone. OB is the wrong vehicle. for your needs. Lots of other options without jumping to the dreaded mini-van.

·
Registered
Green 2020 Touring XT Outback
119 Posts
seems to me this could work with 2x Graco slim fits plus the bucket, but I haven’t tried it. Might be time for a bigger vehicle, dealing with that center seat could get tough.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I appreciate the help/comments.

My wife doesn't really want a vehicle that is much larger than our outback. I have been researching various seats such as the Diono 3rxt.

My 5 year old can buckle and unbuckle himself into the 5 point harness of his seat. Our thinking is that he'll be in the center seat.

I'm mainly looking to see if others on here do this and how it worked out for them.

·
Registered
2014 Subaru Outback 2.5 Premium
459 Posts
I don't fir 3 seat but I have 2 seats next to each other and the stand alone seat down for the dog to have access to trunk/seat back and it is tight! What I have to do is put in the front facing seat in the middle and then get the rear facing infant seat in then put down the seat back and push the 2 seats as far over as I can to the door for the seat to come down. Then I can move them over away from the door a few inches and everyone is in there nice and tight. We use Britax seats not sure size wise how they compare to Graco but if I had to I think I could squeeze 3 in there. It may be time to look at the Ascent, its not any bigger then a mini van and has the 3 rows.

·
Registered
2011 Outback 3.6R Limited
406 Posts
When my daughter was born, we moved our boys, 7 & 5 at the time, to the then current Radian RXT car seats to fit all three in the back of my 2011 Outback. They're solid seats and worked great. They both outgrew them before age 8 or 9, quicker than expected compared to other forward facing seats, but now they're both in booster seats.

That said, we could not get 3 across in my wife's Mazda 6 even with the Radians. We used the Subaru for family trips for over a year, but there was always the worry of what do we do if something happens and my wife needs to get all 3 kids. We traded the Mazda in for a new 2018 Chrysler Pacifica and we couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, great, thank you for your comment. If you recall, what type of infant seat did you have and what configuration did you use? ie: radians on the side and center with infant on the other side OR radians on either side and infant in the center.

I'm thinking we may also go the radian route but curious as to what infant seat fit with them.

THANKS AGAIN!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you! I had checked out that website previously. I was really hoping that we could do an infant seat with the base. So I'm glad to see that the chico keyfit 30 fit with the dianos. How did you have it in the car? Did you have the key fit at the door?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Keyfit30 was behind the drivers seat. I didn't even entertain the notion of having to reach to the middle to get it in there.
LOL, agreed on doing the center for an infant. Thanks so much for your help! It is greatly appreciated. Looks like I'll be dropping a little bit of coin on seats instead of a new minivan ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts