Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post and first time Subaru owner. I just got it a week ago and currently looking for a cargo box for skis. I think I've decided on the Force XL which is in the Thule 2013 lineup but Thule has not published a 2013 fit guide for the new boxes yet. The local rack/box specialty shop just got them in but hasn't installed any on an Outback yet. They said if it doesn't fit, I can return it or I can pay them to install, in which case they will check the fit but I would rather know going in. Just curious if anyone happens to own this combo or has attempted it knows one way or the other.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,017 Posts
The 2013 factory crossbars are in the same location as the previous Gen4's(2010-2012). The only differences are the rear bar can be moved aft about 4" to a different mounting spot giving a better spread between bars and the rubber nubs on the underside of the crossbars are gone on the 2013. The bottom of the 2013 crossbars are now smooth. You should be good to go.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that's very useful information. My biggest problem now is that Thule doesn't even provide information about their newer models with previous year Outbacks. I know that in their 2012 boxes the only ones that fit (according to their guide) without interference with the rear hatch is the Atlantis (up to 1800), Assent (1500 and 1800), and Excursion. For 2013 it looks like they replaced all of those models so I can guess that the Force is similar to their Assent but then the XL is 17cuft which is right between the Assent's 15 and 18 cuft so obviously the dimensions have changed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts