Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2015 outback. 75k miles.
this morning I had a tick tock in the back every 10 seconds. Whether I’m driving or stopped. Engine has to be running. It’s really annoying.

everything I read it’s the evap valve, having to do with the pvez system.

How do I stop it?

what damage would I do by disconnecting the battery and trying a total reset?

Thanks for reading, I’m at a loss.

·
Registered
2017 Outback Premium 2.5 with Eyesight. 19mm Rear Sway Bar. Steering Dampener Lock Down. HID upgrade from retrofit source.
198 Posts
I don’t know if disconnecting the battery would solve your problem, but it’s free to try. There is no damage. Disconnect the negative battery cable and leave it off the battery for a few minutes. You will need a 10mm wrench or socket. Reconnect and reset your power window auto up/down feature and the clock time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Disconnecting the battery did nothing. The fuel evaporation leakage checking system does not stop its tic-tock every 10 seconds. It occurs all the time. On or off. I’m wondering if it’s a solenoid or maybe an o-ring.
This will have to drain the battery if it sits long enough.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was the gas cap. Son of a (,$&. I live in NJ where you don’t pump gas. I should have checked the gas cap first.

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
6,110 Posts
I live in NJ where you don’t pump gas. I should have checked the gas cap first.
Similar issue here in Oregon. When I wash the car I make it a point to open the fuel access door and have a look at things, just to make sure all is well.

·
Registered
'18 Outback Touring 3.6R, '11 Legacy 3.6R Limited. '11 WRX not stock
448 Posts
Lube the O ring when you can. That would have lit up my dash board like the end of the world. Joisey :alien::devilish::p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts