• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picture A is the Winner! Thanks to everyone for voting and voicing your opinions! Also thanks once again to Santos for taking some awesome shots!

Due to Santos proving his marvelous skills in photography (YET AGAIN!!!), I've decided to poll his latest four pics to choose our next homepage pic. Most of you already know the routine, just pic from below and vote in your choice:

Choice A

Choice B

Choice C

Choice D

BTW, if you would like to see thumbnails of each of these pics then follow this link: http://www.subaruoutback.org/photopost/showgallery.php?thumb=1&stype=2&si=Santos&cat=500&perpage=12&sort=1&ppuser=8762

This poll will be closed in one month unless there is an overwhelming number of votes for one of the choices or we all just decide to close it sooner :)

·
Tokyo's between my toes
6,696 Posts
I like C because it looks like the car is headed where things will get *interesting* and A because the car looks like it hangs out in an interesting area.

I don't know if I'm explaining myself well, but a Subaru and a steaming mountain and some snow for good measure makes for a nice composition.

:cool:

·
Registered
169 Posts
not D

can't do D... window is partially down...sorry picked B...looks as though it's getting ready to attack the mountain

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
i like A. looks like the mountain is having a cigarette after it did get attacked by the OB....

seriously, sorta looks like it is after the OB finished "mastering the mountain" (what a friggin joke phrase, anytime humanity tries to think in terms of "mastering" a mountain or ocean or river....que pathetique!)

·
Administrator
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Three more days until this poll closes! :eek:

To anyone who hasn't voted yet, we'd all appreciate if you would or at least post any comments you may have :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
"C" is the money shot.

best compromise between the two subjects (car and mt), and exposure. It contrasts the moving car with landscape. And of course, we can all see that XT on the butt. Yeah!

·
Registered
16 Posts
can't do D... window is partially down...
I realized after I took that shot that the windows were down and promptly rolled them up and raced through a few more shots. Unfortunately, time was of the essence (I only had a few minutes of good light left) and none of the "rolled up" shots came out very well. Now when I look at that shot all I see is the rolled down windows (passenger side is halfway down too)!

Santos

·
Tokyo's between my toes
6,696 Posts
Hey, they have added a movie of the volcano, taken on Feb 2 to the park service volcano cam site - scroll down to the link on this page:

http://www.fs.fed.us/gpnf/volcanocams/msh/

It is a dawn-to-dusk movie with one frame taken every five minutes. You can get a sense of how the appearance of the mountain changes all the time due to the daylight and the venting. There is an "ash event" starting just before 15:00.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
15 Replies
13 Participants
Jondalar
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing