Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Silver 06 2.5i
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all New to this group . By the way great place for all subbie stuff . I have a 02obw with 45k on her . In the last 2 k miles the tires have gotten louder and they are starting to hydroplane . I have done alot of research and have come down to this . I am looking at the
Conti extreme contact .
New bridgestone potenza G009
Yokohama Avid touring
New goodyear tripe tread .
All comments are welcome .

Mike k South Jersey

·
Registered
2005 Outback XT Ltd. 5 spd.
16 Posts
Tires

I would do the Yokohama for the price to overall performance. If you want one step better in terms of performance than I would go with the Conti Extreme Contact. By the way I worked for Continental for 4 years, so I have some very good working knowledge of tires and construction.

Good luck to you and welcome abord.

·
Registered
98 "piston slapping" Outback
4 Posts
Tires

Tires? I bought my 98 OB in 2000. A week later I ran into a large piece of metal and slashed one tire. Unfortunately, the friendly Les Schwab tire store said I need 4 new tires due to the AWD. I was upset, but figured I might as well get good tires. I got the best all weather "Toyo" brand tires they had, about 100/tire and have had them for 70k miles. I drove them in the Washington Cascades, and now the New Mexico mountains. Great tires, no problems. I plan on getting another set in about a month. Toyo's are not that common down in New Mexico, but I found one dealer that has them. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
Silver 06 2.5i
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

I hsve pretty much mad up my mind on the conti's .I just sold my beeter car for 1500.00 so i have about 400 for tires . i just have to find a good place here in South Jersey ( Cape May County) to have the tires mounted and balanced . Just got my 1st 29.5 mpg from my outback . Mostly highway but about 25 % city .

My outback runs better everytime I start it.

:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts