Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at the Aisin TKF-006 Engine Timing Belt Kit with New Water Pump for our 06 Outback but Amazon is saying it does not fit but they're also saying it's an exact fit for our 09 Forester.

Is there a different kit # from Aisin I should be looking for, for the 06? I can't seem to find one if there is. Is there really a difference between the 06 & 09 2.5i timing kit - water pump maybe?

·
Registered
85BRAT97SVX03Baja5mtHonda's
2,170 Posts
go to rockauto to get the correct part numbers for your car, then cross shop at Amazon, etc...

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,843 Posts
amazon's database part selector may not be perfect from retailer to retailer. a 2006 and a 2009 EJ253 engine maybe the same over the forester and the legacy outback,..and what you are looking at is just incomplete.

I also do that with rockauto and then go to amazon. (for cross reference checking and price)

maybe look again with Aisin's own listings

Aisin makes good stuff.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Go to rock auto...I bought a gates timing belt kit for my 05 OBXT and the kit includes the water pump, tensioners, idlers, and it costs less than 300$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2012 Outback - 2005 Outback XT
374 Posts
Go to rock auto...I bought a gates timing belt kit for my 05 OBXT and the kit includes the water pump, tensioners, idlers, and it costs less than 300$.
Only problem with the Gates kit is that they have started slipping in Chinese made parts, even though the box states otherwise. Not saying that is necessarily a bad thing, but just know what you are getting.

Ebay has several vendors that will sell you "kits" containing OEM parts. If it's a car you intend to keep for another 100K miles, you might want to consider an upgrade. I got mine from Subaru Parts Direct. I purchased an Aisin water pump from another vendor.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I checked all the parts when they arrived last year nothing was made in China at least none of my parts were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I checked Rock Auto first and they have no Aisin kits currently, so I can't cross reference there. Have heard nothing but bad about the Gates lately, unless they have already switched back to OEM quality. I looked at Aisin's website but didn't see a phone number. Guess I could email and see if anyone ever responds....

Do you guys feel the Aisin kit is up to snuff, as far as quality goes (including the belt) compared to the OEM?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts