Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
95' Legacy Outback
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With so many timing belt kits and prices out there, I can't make my mind up on who to go with. A little background, 95' legacy ob 2.2 230K, my waterpump went up, and it's time for a new timing belt. Seems like every kit is diferent, this has the belt and pulleys no waterpump and so on. With 230k this thing reallty don't owe me a dime, kinda contemplating just put a TB, waterpump and a new tensioner on it, who know's if it's going to make another TB change. It's really not that hard to do, the worse thing about this job is in Subaru's infinite wisdom they make the timing belt covers and backing plates out of plastic with steel threaded inserts, making them almost impossible to get the screws out, without snapping the insert out. I have more time than money, a garage and lots of tools and this forum. Any thoughts on which kit? I posted this in problems and maintenance, get looks but no responses, I've never looked in this 1st gen forum before, seems like alot of talk over here, I found a goodyear set with the tensioner and wp for 231 that seems to be the best price and quality. Thanks.
Charlie

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,388 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.