Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
'07 OBXT Ltd. 5EAT, Charcoal Gray; '70 Chevy K10 4X4, 396c.i., lifted; '63 Pontiac Tempest, 326c.i.
115 Posts
I can't answer your original question, but since I just did my timiing belt this last weekend, I can assure you that the Gates kit is complete and of the highest quality (as opposed to the Dayco kit.) The tensioners/pulleys are all there, as well as a few new bolts, washers, and gaskets. The belt itself seems to be JDM. I did the water pump and oil pump when I was in there as well, just as extra insurance. If you do an oil pump, make sure the gasket comes with the kit. And make sure to pick up a new thermostat, as well as upper and lower radiator hoses since you'll have them off anyways. With the new hoses, pick up new clamps because the old ones are IMPOSSIBLE to get back on if you don't have access to a lift.

Last, but most important, there is a special tool to keep the cams in place so they don't turn while you re-route the new belt. I'm not sure where I found mine or what it's called, but it makes the job a HECK of a lot easier. So does a beer-bribed buddy ;)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts