Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
235000 miles time to chang my timing belt again. Last time I did the whole 9 yards. This time I'm thinking just the belt and tensioner. Any comments? Where is the place to buy genuine Subaru the parts online now? The local Auto Zone has them but I don't know if they are as good. I think the last time I got them from Milford CT $60 for the belt and $99 for the tensioner. How is the Columbia, SC dealer for part prices?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Check Bruce Titus Automotive Group, Tacoma, WA

Tacoma Subaru

They gave me good prices and I had the parts in no time.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I always replace it all...belt, pulleys, tensioners, etc. I had a timing belt break on my Civic about 40k miles prematurely...cost about $1700 to get her running again, but it could've been worse ("only" had to replace half the valves). I think I paid about $700-800 for my timing belt job on my OB (I had someone else do it), so I personally feel that it's money well spent.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I helped some one do it before. But this time I would have to to it myself. Hopefully all the other stuff will last another 80000 miles. If it does. I will have to take it somewhere to get it all done after all them miles. (95% highway).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
starsea
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing