Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone - this is my first post. I just bought my first Subaru and have to say that a lot of the thoughts and opinions on this site helped me make an informed decision when buying my Outback. Thanks!

I have one question so far. I noticed when I took the car home that the seal around the moon roof wraps around the unit and is joining in the middle of the back side of the moonroof. I am used to moonroofs having a more discreet seal that you don't see much of because the glass is almost over top of it.

Anyway, we had some rain last night and when I got in the car this morning, I just thought I would slide my hand along the back of the moonroof right where it begins to be covered up by the interior, just to make sure it was bone dry.

Lo and behold I actually felt some minor dampness that was enough to show a drop of water on my fingertip.

Obviously it wasn't anything I would call a huge leak or anything like that, and I would have never noticed it if I wasn't nosing around up there.

But at the same time I am wondering if this is typical and won't ever be worse than that even in a torrential downpour.

Any thoughts? Am I being a worry wort or would it pay to have them check it out at the dealership when I take it back for it's first oil change?

Thanks

Matt

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice - I sent the dealership an email to setup an appt. I did some digging around online and it seems like this is not necessarily uncommon although opinions differ on whether there is such a thing as an acceptable amount of water intrusion, even if it is minimal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
swipeys
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing