Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Outback, (Base)
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a used Outback. I'm wondering if I'm missing something on this forum - The classified section has everything under one forum and I can't think of useful keywords that will narrow it down to cars for sale in my region (NY Metro). Can't search on a model year. Can't search on NY.:crying:
Any suggestions for sifting through everything?

Is there a good thread to use to post what I'm looking for?

·
Registered
Fresh Out of Outbacks!
14,495 Posts
Put a want-to-buy (WTB) thread in the classifieds. List location & year range in the title. Keep it short and simple for best response.

While cars are bought and sold on this board, there are many others focused entirely on car listings.

I still say the best used cars get listed on church & grocery store bulletin boards by people who A) know how to take care of cars and B) don't know how to post internet ads.

·
Registered
2001 Outback, (Base)
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I'll try to come up with a WTB - I'm still trying to assess what the MY/mileage/price ratios are by looking at stuff that's out there. I think I've settled on a Gen 4, but I haven't concluded whether I'm better off going with a higher mileage car for $9K - $12K and worry/deal with repairs, or spend $16K - $20K for a lower mileage car and get off easy for a few years (in theory - caveat emptor, etc.)

·
Master Caster
🖤💔💙 3 Beautiful OBXTs
16,263 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts