Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'04 Colorado, '90 Legacy sedan
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the "new" '90 aluminum rims on my '90 Legacy sedan. This brought back a memory of when I ran over a nail in my '96 Outback on the way to work in my Navy dress whites. A sailor's worst fear is to get his/her whites dirty. So to have to change a tire in my whites halfway to work and not coveralls was terrifying. I actually got through the tire changing with only dirty digits. Miracles still happen.

Anybody have similar experiences?

·
Tokyo's between my toes
2001 Wintergreen Outback 5MT
6,684 Posts
Or, when someone else blows a tire and you're already filthy ... once I was at a stop sign leaving a state park in Wisconsin, looking and smelling fresh after a few days of camping. I look up the hill to check for traffic, and here comes a Dodge sedan with an elderly couple and a blown tire going woppawoppawoppa.

I thought, oh yeah, this one is coming right to me...

Turns out he was a born-again Baptist minister; he gave me a copy of his book about being converted to the faith and paid me two dollars (!)

Just another day for the happy hippie...

·
Registered
181 Posts
I was on a pizza delivery (college years) in my 80 Rabbit with blown struts in the front. I had a flat with hot, soon to be cold pizzas in the car.

Put the jack in, lifted the car, but b/c of the blown strut, wheel wouldn't clear the ground...Helluva wheel travel those Rabbits have.

So I took out my K-Mart hydraulic jack, put it under the slingarm, and lifted up the suspension as well. All in all it took me about 2.5 mins. to change the tire.

:D

tbert

edit: and no there were NO free pizzas to anybody :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts