Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi....My 2018 Subaru Outback came with a Tire Pressure Monitoring System(TPMS). I cannot find anything in the User Manual how to Reset the system after you have rotated the tires. After rotating the tires, the system needs to be told the new location on the tires. For my Chevy Truck, I purchased a small reset tool that tells the system the new tire locations. The truck's user manual has very detailed instructions on how to reset the system using the reset tool. Can't find anything about this in the Outback user manual. Does anyone have any experience with this?

·
Registered
'14 Subi OBW, '18 Subi Forester
1,881 Posts
Right now the 2018 system (new this year) seems to be a bit of a mystery. Most home and shop tools won't communicate with the OBDII port, so telling it ANYTHING seems to be on hold until software updates become available.

One thing we also don't yet know - if you even need to tell the car which sensor is located where. *IF* the system uses distributed antennas, it's possible that it 'knows' which tire is reporting low pressure. You can test this theory by intentionally setting each tire at a different pressure and go for a ride to see if the dash display syncs up with what you know to be true. At worst, you can 'map' the current location using this test and keep it for future reference until we can get some better answers.

Reactions: dangatlin
1 - 3 of 3 Posts