Subaru Outback Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
I think in general it is a side to side rule, not front to back for replacing the struts. If you do one side, do the other. But it is about $ and preference before you have to do the front/back at the same time. Brian

·
Outback onsight...
1,264 Posts
vehichle specs on door jam

Stick with the vehichle specs on the door jam if using stock size tire.

Aftermarket wheels /tires you may have to adjust.
I check my tires once a week. When weather changes the tire pressure changes too.

Always check tires after being changed at tire shop. I have yet to find one tire shop to go by door jam spec!!! They always overfill the tires! Uneducated technicians!!! Poor training!

Racing is another factor where 1psi can make a huge difference in performance. Don't plan on any tire lasting 60,000miles with spirited driving! :eek:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well on my wife's outback, I fill tires accroding to specs.. If you've got stock tires, stock specs work fine.. Tires wear and drivability haven't bothered me yet..

As far as tire pressure in general.. Trial and error never fails if you're looking for the ride and fuel economy for your vehicle.. For example, at work (Honda Dealership) the Odyssey recommends 35psi all around. Sure I can set it to 35psi all the way around, but the customer will probably come back and tell me the van feels too stiff.. So I myself set them at 32psi and nobody has ever complained..

As for setting tire pressures too high at the dealership or tire shop.. If a vehicle had just came in and the sticker said 30psi front and back, I set it to 32-35 psi. This is because tire pressure goes up as heat builds up. And the only time tire pressure will ever correct is if you check it in the morning after the tires have cooled down considerably.

That's just my take..

21 - 23 of 23 Posts