Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why not increase tire pressure slightly on front and rear driver side tires if travelling alone?
Cars are already typically heavier front driver area due to steering components and battery.

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,628 Posts
Why not increase tire pressure slightly on front and rear driver side tires if travelling alone?
Cars are already typically heavier front driver area due to steering components and battery.
given that most roads are crowned, you might be vectoring MORE force to the pass side (assuming USDM car on US roads)

I think some autocross and maybe other cars 'corner balance' their vehicles - moving batteries, and or altering spring perches, etc.

Corner Balancing Is A Lot More Important Than You ThinkTurnology

for a daily driver, I doubt there'd be any noticeable difference.

are you experiencing uneven tire wear?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not measure depth across the tread, but my tires have always look ok.
I rotate at least every 10k, so not sure if one or both drivers side tires wear differently. I see what you are saying about the crown....so if anything you would increase pressure on pass side or if driving solo that force would be cancelled by the extra weight of the driver?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know the tire pressure listed on door jam considers size of tire and weight of car to get best patch contact and wear characteristics. Just thinking if weight is distributed different then maybe adding a couple pounds to front driver and maybe rear passenger would get a better contact patch....especially if your pushing 250lbs!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts