Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I am new to this forum and I have a question about tire size to ask. I have a stock 2012 Outback 2.5i Premium and I am looking to buy some A/T tires for it. I want to size down to a 15" wheel so that I can get a little meatier of a tire. The tires that are on it currently are sized at 225/60-17 and I am looking at Toyo Open Country A/T iii's that would be 225/75-15. Based on the tire size comparison calculator they would be just slightly bigger, does anybody know if this would be an okay tire to put on my car?

·
Registered
2005 3L LL Bean Outback
311 Posts
15" wheels probably won't clear the calipers. Tirerack can show you wheels that will fit, and if 15" isn't listed then it probably won't fit without (compromising) modifications.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am looking into the fifteen52 integrale gravel which say they are specifically designed to fit subaru brakes

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am basing it off of what the fifteen52 website is saying as well as offbeat overland

·
Registered
2005 3L LL Bean Outback
311 Posts
In the US at least, 2009 is a different generation than your 2012. Perhaps contact these suppliers to find out how it's supposed to fit if others claim it doesn't fit? Also check if they have free returns.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts