Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 1999 Outback and I'm soon lifting it with king coils and a medium sized strut spacer. I'm shooting for 2" to 2.5" of lift. I'm wondering what the biggest All Terrain tires I can fit on it are and if anyone has any recommendations on a good tire. Also would it be worth it to trim or roll the wheel well to fit a little bigger of a tire. I'll be doing mainly highway driving with this one but I'll also be using it as my shuttle rig On mostly gravel roads. Thanks!

·
Registered
1997 Subaru Legacy Outback 2.5l EJ25D
45 Posts
If you dont mind cut and weld and fender flares you can fit at max a 30inch tires on there with a 15 or 16 size rim. I did this to friends impreza wagon a while back. I have no pics unfortunately because my hard drive on my laptop got fried and I lost them all. if you take at least an inch to two inches of the wheel well then they should fit with a little extra mods. I would also recommend at least a 1.5 wheel spacer and to CYA I would recommend the fender flare to cover the tire so you dont get johnny law complaining about exposed tires. and the flares will cover the cut edges to keep a cleaner look. I plan on doing a 3" on my 97 and I plan to do this same thing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!! And I was thinking of just getting universal gender flares and bolting them on because I'm not a welder and don't know one but am curious if I'll have to custom cut the rear ones for the back doors or if they already make one that's split there

·
Registered
1997 Subaru Legacy Outback 2.5l EJ25D
45 Posts
Thanks!! And I was thinking of just getting universal gender flares and bolting them on because I'm not a welder and don't know one but am curious if I'll have to custom cut the rear ones for the back doors or if they already make one that's split there
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-...ash=item3d5572f5f1:g:7JQAAOSwWMhaVAGk&vxp=mtr

these are universal and shouldn't interfere with the doors and they do come with the hardware to just mount them right up. And I said welding in the event you should make your own fender flares to weld on. nothing else requires welding. unless you have the more than common rust hole in the fender well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts