Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set on my 04 ob with god rubber. My other car has the exact same size wheel, width et. I want to put those tires on my suzuki and buy new tires, for high performance no fancy upgrades to go fast just some thoughts on good high performance tires to buy new, not alot of road noise and the object is to get better handling since I cannot make it go faster not necessaryly z rated tire just handling better 80k tires are not need we wanted performance.
Thanks
Bob:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::eek:

·
Registered
847 Posts
I have a set on my 04 ob with god rubber.
How can your car handle any better than with that God rubber you currently have? LOL - I couldn't resist. Sorry, I have no specific suggestions for performance Outback tires - that seems like an oxymoron.....

Here are Tire Rack's performance tires in your stock size - read the reviews and you will learn a lot. .... Tire Search Results

The Michelin Pilot Sport tires might be a good choice.

John Davies
Spokane WA USA

·
Registered
16,964 Posts
I have a set on my 04 ob with god rubber. My other car has the exact same size wheel, width et. I want to put those tires on my suzuki and buy new tires, for high performance no fancy upgrades to go fast just some thoughts on good high performance tires to buy new, not alot of road noise and the object is to get better handling since I cannot make it go faster not necessaryly z rated tire just handling better 80k tires are not need we wanted performance.
Thanks
Bob:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::eek:

consider Kumho Ecsta ASX (or similar model)

I found them to be quieter than my stock bridgestones on my WRX , handle well in rain too. Cheap. - they don't last long though. You get what you pay for.

when you read reviews there, pay most attention to folks that live in similar climates as you.

good luck

·
Supporting Vendor
710 Posts
What size tire are you looking for? Here is a link to the tires for an 04 Outback Base model along with customer reviews.

Tire Products - Discount Tire Direct

Let us know if we can be of assistance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Double ditto the Kumho ASX. Exact same comments.

I loved them in all conditions including snow and ice but they died in 20 months... ever so close to the advertised 30k miles (like, 28,860!).

Mine were on an '07 with the 225/55r-17.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
mjamgb
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing