Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Outback 3.0 VDC
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya,
I live in Quebec Canada, and winter tires are mandatory, I will be purchasing a 2006 3.0 VDC later this week, that only has 4 season tires. I have an extra set of winters that come off a 2009 saturn vue, sizes are close, but I'm not sure if they can be used.......outback tires size is P225/55VR17, tires off the Vue are P235/60R17. Will they fit? and is it a good idea if they do? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2011 Forester XT touring
337 Posts
Try mounting one of them in front see if it works. They may rub a bit at turns and when the suspension is at full articulation. Bounce car car and see if it may be a rubbing issue. Before you even attempt it also make sure the other set of tires are pretty close in size to each other.
You might luck out.

·
Registered
2006 Outback Wagon 2.5i 5spd MT Atlantic Blue Pearl
261 Posts
I think they'll end up rubbing, at least a little bit. It's over an inch larger in diameter. Plus, they are wider tires and won't be as good in the snow (thinner tire has less to go through). In my opinion, just buy a new set of winter tires (I'm sure they'll be put to good use no matter where you are in Quebec lol), and sell the other ones on Craigslist or something.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts