Subaru Outback Forums banner

2001 - 2010 of 2010 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
So, the right front does rub but only when climbing out of our beach road on a steep 130deg switchback to the right. Other than that, these tires have been a nice upgrade from the low profile OEM's that came on the WRX wheels.

I’m just getting these installed right now and I saw 3 techs looking at the car... “these are going to rub when turning” I’m interested to see what happens now...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Really hoping I can fit these same tires on my rims. They are 17x7 w 45 mm offset. I would also like to keep the rally armor flaps on because I love how they look. Hoping for no rubbing. Ordering the tires next week. Anybody see any problems having a 7” wide rim vs. a 7.5 or 8 like most people run?
THat's at the bottom end of the wheel width required for a 245 width tire.

Should be ok... but verify with your local tire shop before going ahead.

·
Registered
23 Posts
This was the exact setup I was looking at. What are your impressions of them over your stockers? They look fantastic!
I know right!? Its my wife's main car. so its all the more important that she likes it.
SO far, she loves the look of the car with the new wheels and tires.

She didn't notice much difference from stock to them.

I did notice it being a tad more stiffer which is to be expected. as in , the bumps don't get soaked in as much as in the stock tires.

I also noticed slight noise increase in cabin at around 40mph. not discernable over stock at higher speeds though so far.

I also notice its a little lazier than usual off the line but no problems once you get going.

I expect to see a drop of 1.5 - 2 mpg drop in fuel efficiency based on initial observations. I was expecting this.

Overall.. am pretty thrilled with them.

·
Registered
104 Posts
THat's at the bottom end of the wheel width required for a 245 width tire.

Should be ok... but verify with your local tire shop before going ahead.
On Falkens website that is the measured rim width. That’s what they pull all of the specs from. I just looked and the ko2s are .1 wider. Hoping that .1 will get me a enough space.

·
Registered
104 Posts
i ordered these tires today (wildpeak 245/65r17) we will see on Wednesday when I get them mounted if I need to do any trimming.

·
Registered
3 Posts
245/65/17 KO2's on MR 502's
They 'touch' at full lock, but nothing restricting driving yet... lift soon & then possible trimming if necessary.
These photos are stock height & I haven't heard or felt any rubbing yet, but there isn't much margin for error so I'm keeping it tame till the lift comes.
2019 3.6 Touring
View attachment 470392

·
Registered
104 Posts
Got my tires mounted yesterday.
Tires are Falken Wildpeak AT3 245/65R17 mounted on Konig Control 17x7 45 offset wheels.

There is NO RUBBING from these tires, with a 2" Lift. Not sure if the 2" lift made a difference with clearance, or not.
That being said, it is very close on the front tires at full lock with front of tire turned towards engine. I will put this picture first, followed by pictures of the outback. I will also include pictures of how I modified my Rally Armor mud flaps to make them work. I needed to remove the factory "mudflaps" to get enough clearance to install the rally armors. Then, I needed to trim a chunk off to clear the tire when turning sharp. Got it all buttoned up today.

Probably about 1/2 inch of clearance here. This is front of front tire at full lock.

Rear of front tire at full lock. I removed these factory flaps to install Rally Armor MudFlaps

Front of rear tire clearance.

Really filled up the wheel wells better than the stock 225's

Just under flush with the 45mm offset. Pic was taken from angle.

Cut this area out so it fit the contours of the wheel well better and didn't have a big chunk hanging off to rub.

Sorry for the pic heavy post but I am hoping this answers some questions for people.
These tire look great, and are super meaty. Bring on the snow.

EDIT: I forgot to include that after my lift I had the wobble issue. I installed the CVT insert, and it helped tremendously, but didn't make it go away completely. After these tires were installed I haven't felt the wobble. There is a hill that always makes the wobble known, I drove up the hill today and I was looking for the wobble and did not feel it. If anyone can explain this please do.

2001 - 2010 of 2010 Posts
About this Discussion
2K Replies
561 Participants
Hankdog
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing