Subaru Outback Forums banner

2021 - 2040 of 2097 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6 Limited
91 Posts
Where did you get that grill? Do they make them for 2010 models?
I got it at subiebros.com. It is the JDM grill. It is only for 2015-2017. But there are a ton of good after market options for just about any model. Happy hunting!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
HI, first post. Please don't flame me. Has anyone tried a 255/70/16 tire? 255/70/16 is 30" vs 245/65/17 is 29.5" Wondering if the .5" is just a tad to large and will cause lots of rubbing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey new to the forum here and have read through most of this thread. A lot of this (offset discussion) is new to me and somewhat confusing. I'd suggest someone pinning the answer to all these similar questions on the first page if thats possible.

I have a 2016 2.5 limited with no lift althought i may get one later. I am leaning towards the Method MR502 with the 38mm offset. I am correct that a 245/65/17 tire on the Method MR502 will fit without a lift and have no rubbing issues?

What other wheels and tires would yall recommend who upgraded wheels and tires before getting a lift?

What is the quietest tire that yall have found?

Lastly, what tire sizes gives you the most correct mph read out? (I have seen that tire size can affect the speedometer based on revolutions per minute).

Go easy on me!

·
Registered
CWP/WI 3.6R
115 Posts
All,

I found a set of rims on CL and want to confirm these will fit. The rims in question are OE Subaru (guessing they are 2018 wrx rims). Ignore the guy in the pic as it is from CL.

Size: 17x8j 55
View attachment 453999

As for tires, I have a set of Blizzaks I want to put on them.
Tire: 225/65/R17

Will this configuration work? I tried to search this thread however I couldn't find a post that would confirm my thoughts. Thanks!
Confirmed. WRX rims with stock tires work without issues.

·
Registered
2019 Outback 3.6 Touring, for my lovely wife.
30 Posts
Looks real good! Did yours come stock with 225/60HR-18‘s ?
We pick up our 2019 3.6 touring in a couple weeks, same color I think.
thanks
245/65/17 KO2's on MR 502's
They 'touch' at full lock, but nothing restricting driving yet... lift soon & then possible trimming if necessary.
These photos are stock height & I haven't heard or felt any rubbing yet, but there isn't much margin for error so I'm keeping it tame till the lift comes.
2019 3.6 Touring
View attachment 470498 View attachment 470392 View attachment 470499 View attachment 470500

·
Registered
2019 Touring (Canadian Model) with Eyesight
356 Posts
How is the mileage and road noise with these compared to stock tires?
I put the same tires on my 2019 except for the width, I kept that to 225. They don't seem any louder. As for the mileage I never gave the OEM Bridgstones a fair test before switching. Not a big difference if you ask me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
235’s? I don’t see those listed as an option in the us. How is the mileage and road noise with these compared to stock tires?
Faint hum/buzz you can only hear with the radio off at 60kph, nothing major at all, drowns out at highway speeds with other noises.
As for k's, I'm not sure, the roof basket and awning went on at the same time... I do know it used to get 1000ks of freeway driving in its stock form. I'd expect 700-800 as it currently is.
The roof basket is coming off soon which will give a better indication as to tires only and Ill report back. :)

Yes 235's.

·
Registered
27 Posts
2019 Not lifted riding on Motegi Mr118 245/65/17 +45 offset with Falken Wildpeak AT3W. No rubbing at full lock with Rally Armor mud flaps. Noise didn't change inside the cabin for me since I have a louder set of mufflers. 2 MPG loss average from constant 25 MPG on stock setup. You can definitely feel the road more for sure. Accelerating needs a little more oomph now to get to speed compared to before and breaking needs to be engaged harder or further back but that's all to be expected with the extra weight on the wheels.

untitled2.png untitled.png untitled3.png

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've read much of the thread, but just want to make sure before I pull the trigger.

Will 245/65-17 fallen trails fit a +38 or +40 offset wheel without rubbing?
I dont have it lifted. And it's a 2016 outback.

·
Registered
2016 Outback 3.6R
38 Posts
After three years of driving my 2016 3.6 around on stock wheels, I have finally gotten the itch to transform it into something capable of taking on more challenging off-road terrain.

Alas, I went to my local Discount Tire yesterday and placed an order of a set of Method MR502 bronze 17" wheels to go along with a set of BF Goodrich KO2 245/65/17 tires (plus an extra to throw on a cheap wheel) -- only to find out from Discount today that size KO2 is on some type of nationwide backorder.

Talk about some incredibly "deflating" news.

My next planned off-road camping trip is on 12/22 -- a little more than a month away. Really hoping they arrive before then.

Is anyone else in the same boat with the KO2? Sound off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Long time listener, first time caller. Been lurking these forums for awhile now. Just soaking up all the info that fellow Gen5 owners have contributed. I've owned my 2015 Outback for the last 4 years now, and have decided to add some things to it, to keep me Interested. So today I added a set of 17x8 Rotiform Las-R's, some 245/65/17 Toyo open country ATII rubber, and installed the JDM fender arch moldings.
20191122_125241.jpg

·
Registered
2016 Outback 3.6R
38 Posts
Has anyone ever considered dipping down to a 16” wheel for their offroad-outfitted Outback and then opting for, say, a 245/70/16 tire to give an even more aggressive look (i.e. less wheel; more tire sidewall)?

That size tire has the exact same diameter as a 245/65/17, so would not incur rubbing.

I’ve certainly not seen it done before on this forum...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone ever considered dipping down to a 16” wheel for their offroad-outfitted Outback and then opting for, say, a 245/70/16 tire to give an even more aggressive look (i.e. less wheel; more tire sidewall)?

That size tire has the exact same diameter as a 245/65/17, so would not incur rubbing.

I’ve certainly not seen it done before on this forum...
The brakes are too big to go down to a 16 inch wheel.

2021 - 2040 of 2097 Posts