Subaru Outback Forums banner

2081 - 2100 of 2285 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Please do not report someone for making a tire recommendation, two members were reported to me from this thread within the past 24 hours and frankly I don't care. I recommend Nokian tires myself.
Hi, as a new member I'm confused. I thought the whole purpose of this thread was to share experiences and recommend tires and wheels to each other. Thank you Kevin for this cool forum.

·
SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outback Limited 2.5L - 100,000+ miles
4,915 Posts
Hi, as a new member I'm confused. I thought the whole purpose of this thread was to share experiences and recommend tires and wheels to each other. Thank you Kevin for this cool forum.
There were complaints reported that there were people advertising tires in this thread when in reality they were simply making personal recommendations. Thank you for inquiring further as I think it was beneficial for me to clarify further.

·
Registered
53 Posts
17x8 rims with a 45mm offset are golden. My Geolandar 235 65 17’s fit like a dream no rubbing. My guess is that a 245 would also fit but I’m not a fan of the tire sticking out the wheel well. These aren’t Wranglers : )

·
Registered
2016 Outback 3.6R
44 Posts
17x8 rims with a 45mm offset are golden. My Geolandar 235 65 17’s fit like a dream no rubbing. My guess is that a 245 would also fit but I’m not a fan of the tire sticking out the wheel well. These aren’t Wranglers : )
I am a huge fan of the more aggressive look.

But that’s the beauty of an Outback – you can make it look like a refined city-driver, or a very capable overlander.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Matt, mine looks aggressive. Lol. And mine stick out from the wheel wells maybe 1/2 inch or so. Just not a fan of 2 inches out as the paint gets destroyed unless you have crazy wide mud flaps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone have a picture of an Outback with a lift and 235/65-17 tires? I am ordering wheels and tires now, but was considering a lift in the future. I was just hoping to see what a 235/65-17 would look like and if it still fills up the wheel well enough when you put the lift on compared to the 245/65-17s I typically see on lifted outbacks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
HI, I'm looking at a set of Falken Wildpeak on Amazon for $86 a tire!!! Anyone know if a 235/75/17 will fit? Looks like its roughly a 1/2" taller than a 245/65/17. Thanks for your response.

·
Registered
2016 Outback 3.6R
44 Posts
HI, I'm looking at a set of Falken Wildpeak on Amazon for $86 a tire!!! Anyone know if a 235/75/17 will fit? Looks like its roughly a 1/2" taller than a 245/65/17. Thanks for your response.
I wouldn’t do it. The largest I’d ever recommend going is 245/65/17. I have to think there will be some serious rubbing, otherwise.

·
Registered
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6 Limited
7 Posts
Mattytreks, that looks great! I just got the same MR rims (in black) and put 235/65/17 Geolandars on my outback, and also love how the car now performs. It's seriously like a different car to me. Good to know I can go up to 245 tires without rubbing with the Falken Wildpeaks, cause I just wasn't sure with so many posts to sift through in this forum thread.

My question is if anyone knows if any of these Geolandars, KO2s, or the Wildpeaks tires will rub if I were to add the wheel arch mouldings. This would all be stock height, no lift.
Bumping this to see if any of you have insight with my question. I'm considering either the stock arch moldings or the JDM ones, but wanted to be sure adding these wouldn't cause tire rubbing from where they're attached with clips in the wheel hub. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2016 Outback 3.6R
44 Posts
Bumping this to see if any of you have insight with my question. I'm considering either the stock arch moldings or the JDM ones, but wanted to be sure adding these wouldn't cause tire rubbing from where they're attached with clips in the wheel hub. Thanks in advance.
You should be A-OK with the arch moldings, even running on up to 245/65/17 tires.

Now mud flaps, however...that may be a different story.

·
Registered
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6 Limited
7 Posts
You should be A-OK with the arch moldings, even running on up to 245/65/17 tires.

Now mud flaps, however...that may be a different story.
Thanks Matt, that's helpful to know. I do already currently have the stock splash guards (mud flaps) installed, but am on 235/65/17 Geolandar tires with no rubbing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm a little late sorting this out and we're in our second snow storm as I write.
I was considering running 225/65R17 's on 17x7 Imprezza wheels Offset is 55mm and the tire size would maintain my stock 28.5 inch diameter like the Bridgestones I currently have. My question of course is this doable without rubbing or worse binding? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
6,845 Posts
I was considering ... Imprezza wheels Offset is 55mm and the tire size would maintain my stock 28.5 inch diameter ...
Check the Impreza bolt circle. Is it 5x114.3 or 5x100?

·
Registered
2016 Outback 3.6R
44 Posts
Been running the 245/65/17 Wildpeaks for about five days now. My initial thoughts:

• I absolutely love the look of the Wildpeaks. They really fill up the wheel well and look every bit as rugged as the KO2’s
• The ride is just as quiet as my Michelin’s were on the freeway or city streets
• Cornering and handling is fantastic
• I am now noticing tire-rubbing in the wheel well when either 1.) reversing while turning at a severe angle, or 2.) cornering at moderate speeds when turning the wheel to a severe angle (i.e. making a quick U-turn)

As it pertains to the tire-rubbing, my 2” ADF lift kit won’t be installed until next Saturday, so I imagine that will alleviate most if not all rubbing issues.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Check the Impreza bolt circle. Is it 5x114.3 or 5x100?
Actually the wheel vendor identifies them as a Subaru Legacy wheel but the bolt circle is correct 5 on 114.3. My biggest concern initially was clearing the calipers but I see lots of people running 17" wheels and I spotted an Outback at the Maverick with steel wheels so I chatted up the owner and he sent me the same website i was shopping, There seem to be a lot of Outbacks here in NW Nevada, it says a lot about the brand and model.
Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Been running the 245/65/17 Wildpeaks for about five days now. My initial thoughts:

• I absolutely love the look of the Wildpeaks. They really fill up the wheel well and look every bit as rigged as the KO2’s
• The ride is just as quiet as my Michelin’s were on the freeway or city streets
• Cornering and handling is fantastic
• I am now noticing tire-rubbing in the wheel well when either 1.) reversing while turning at a severe angle, or 2.) turning a corner moderate speeds when turning the wheel to a severe angle (i.e. making a quick U-turn)

As it pertains to the tire-rubbing, my 2” ADF lift kit won’t be installed until next Saturday, so I imagine that will alleviate most if not all rubbing issues.
I was dithering between the GT Ice Pro and the Falken Eurowinter and finally decided to go with the Falken. They'll all show up about the same time thus ending any chance of snow in the immediate area.
Thanks for the reply.

2081 - 2100 of 2285 Posts