Subaru Outback Forums banner

2101 - 2120 of 2128 Posts

·
Registered
2019 2.5 touring
93 Posts
Just joined, so hello. And, here's my wife's 2019 Touring 3.6R with 2019 Forester Sport 18x7 et48 and 255/55R18 KO2's with NO lift. Surprised her with these this morning and... she likes it. Whew! View attachment 475721 View attachment 475723
Do you happen to have any side shots of the wheel and tire combo. I found a set of these wheels local for $500 and am considering it. Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
I managed to get the tires ,mounted and then waited for a storm. First decent snowfall and I took a little run up to Bridgeport, Ca via NV338/CA182. The drive was great and the tires performed flawlessly. Plenty of snow on the road since I was between plow runs. My wife has never driven in snow and I had her take the wheel while I coached her. Her confidence level is up and I will feel better if she has to head for Carson City or Reno on her own.
Thanks for all the good suggestions, I ended up with the Firestone Winterforce 2 in 235/65R17 on steel wheels. I've had no clearance issues and the ride has improved a bit with the taller sidewall.
Obie23523565r17firestonewinterforce2.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
Cross posting for visibility/a warning to others in the future:

Tire update after about 3k miles:
When I did the LP Aventure lift, I went up in size to the Falken Rubitrek 245/65R17. I had read about a lot of other people doing that up-size and didn't recall any major issues, but I'm going to swap the stock tires back on for now. Maybe others folks were driving the 3.6.

This is a 2.5i and my problems with this set up are as follows:
1. Drags acceleration way more than I anticipated
2. Drags fuel economy by more than 25%
3. Power steering is very heavy now
4. Delivering power to the ground in off-roadish situations is substantially worse (the wheels just refuse to spin)

All of these things accumulate to worse performance or less desirable characteristics, but I'm also concerned I'm adding strain to the powertrain with no discernible benefit, other than it looks good.

Will be replacing the stock duelers before too long with a 225/65 AT once these Rubitreks find there way onto somebody's truck via Facebook.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The 3.6 doesn’t seem to to really care about the added weight of the KO2’s. Went from 21 mpg avg to 20.8 with mostly city and a couple hiway trips. And I don’t drive conservative.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know everyone has posted on here, but I haven't quite seen this exact setup yet. Here's my 2016 Wilderness Green Outback with the Method MR501s in black. I put on 235/65/17 Yokohama Geolandar G015's. I think it looks great.

I've seen a lot of black Motegi wheels and Gray and Bronze Methods, but so far not the black with the green Outback. If you have this setup too, let me know! I'm very happy with it.

·
Registered
2019 Outback Limited 3.6R; Magnetite on Gray Leather, Package 24, Bone Stock for Now
115 Posts
Does anyone know if 235/65/18 Falken Wildpeak AT would fit without any modifications?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I know everyone has posted on here, but I haven't quite seen this exact setup yet. Here's my 2016 Wilderness Green Outback with the Method MR501s in black. I put on 235/65/17 Yokohama Geolandar G015's. I think it looks great.

I've seen a lot of black Motegi wheels and Gray and Bronze Methods, but so far not the black with the green Outback. If you have this setup too, let me know! I'm very happy with it.

View attachment 476639
It does look really good! Just to confirm, there are no rubbing or other fitment issues, and no lift, right?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thinking about changing the wheels soon to Michelin Defender LTX M/S (245/65/17) on 17" Method MR 502 Matte Black. Looks like most people say 245/65 doesn't rub, so I'm hoping it's true. Although I'm not sure if anyone did braking while turning tests (sometimes the strut towers feel like the move a bit on this car).

Anyways, what's the best place to pick this up? Discount tire? I've been trying to look through the codes posted here, but also curious if anyone has recommendations. So far it looks like Costco comes in the least expensive for the Michelin tires with the $110 off.

·
Supporting Vendor
760 Posts
Thinking about changing the wheels soon to Michelin Defender LTX M/S (245/65/17) on 17" Method MR 502 Matte Black. Looks like most people say 245/65 doesn't rub, so I'm hoping it's true. Although I'm not sure if anyone did braking while turning tests (sometimes the strut towers feel like the move a bit on this car).

Anyways, what's the best place to pick this up? Discount tire? I've been trying to look through the codes posted here, but also curious if anyone has recommendations. So far it looks like Costco comes in the least expensive for the Michelin tires with the $110 off.

The Method 502 wheels will be a great look on your car. The 245/65R-17 size may rub. All cars fit slightly different depending on wear and the load carried. PM headed your way.

·
Registered
2018 3.6r Touring, Black, modifications: 255-55-zr18 Continental DWS06
209 Posts
I have been looking at triumph mx4 18x8 for a while. Need to call Discount Tire this week and see if they can get them. Similar to Motegi MR118.

I already have have Conti extremecontact 255-55-18 with the difference in offset, should look great

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Outback 3.6R, 2004 STi
77 Posts
Is anyone running the 08-14 STi limited BBS wheels on their 5th gen outback? If so, what tire size did you go with?

·
Registered
2016 Outback 3.6R, 2004 STi
77 Posts
Just got 08-14sti wheels put on my stock tires. I really like the look of gray on gray. FYI: If you buy used Subaru wheels, the 18' Outback uses a different TPMS than earlier models.

Your car looks excellent. The dark gray wheels match nicely with your paint.
I recently found a set of these forged STi limited wheels in excellent condition and can't wait to get the tires mounted soon. I am going with 235/55 Continental Purecontact LS.

2101 - 2120 of 2128 Posts