Subaru Outback Forums banner

2181 - 2190 of 2190 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited
18 Posts
Well I did talk to them an d the lower offset would push wheel out farther. Still waffling on the wheel style 5 - 6 spoke vs a Assetto Gara wheels. Discount guy said the Sparco better quality and it is lighter at 18.3 lbs...trying to find pictures of 5 spoke Subi's, which does not appear to be a lot of...so different is a good thing too

·
Registered
18 Posts
Can anyone tell what wheel color the member Matt in this thread has Page 45 post #888

I think they are ASA GT9's think its Ti gunmetal but hard to tell

·
Registered
2018 Limited 2.5i
530 Posts
Recent wheels and tires upgrade. Added a 2" lift to the front and 1" to the rear. Car rides much more stable and accelerates better with lighter wheels than stock. Method wheels have a lifetime guarantee and tire lock for low pressure situations.
is your lift similar to the ADF economy lift?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Finally got my new setup after following this thread for almost a year.

View attachment 483838

Konig Ampliforms 17x8 +40mm offset in Dark Grey. With Falken Wildpeak AT Trails in 235/65/17. Love how it turned out.
Hey I have been looking at a similar set up for my Twilight blue 3.6. I have been worried about anything grey might look washed out against the blue color of the car. Do you have another angle that shows the color of wheels? It looks pretty darn sweet ....decisions decisions

·
Registered
2018 White Outback Touring 2.5i
644 Posts
Finally got my new setup after following this thread for almost a year.

View attachment 483838

Konig Ampliforms 17x8 +40mm offset in Dark Grey. With Falken Wildpeak AT Trails in 235/65/17. Love how it turned out.
Got my honey a set of Falken Wildpeak ATs for her CRV. Nice tyres. Good grip, not noisy a nice tyre test for what I'm going to put on my Subaru after about another 5-10 k miles on the OE tyres.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey I have been looking at a similar set up for my Twilight blue 3.6. I have been worried about anything grey might look washed out against the blue color of the car. Do you have another angle that shows the color of wheels? It looks pretty darn sweet ....decisions decisions
Snapped a few just now, its a pretty sunny day. Sorry car hasn't been washed in a bit as it barely goes anywhere right now and it just got blasted by the lawn mowers.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Snapped a few just now, its a pretty sunny day. Sorry car hasn't been washed in a bit as it barely goes anywhere right now and it just got blasted by the lawn mowers.
View attachment 483906 View attachment 483907 View attachment 483908 View attachment 483909 View attachment 483910
Sweet and your Subi does not have a lift correct? how bad is gas mileage and handling. I am really liking this look for all my MTB adventures. I am going to try lighter weight wheels and might go with 225s W/P ...to keep it close to stock weight in total....but I may be persuaded. I just drive a lot to get to the mtb places so mileage is a consideration..thanks for posting!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sweet and your Subi does not have a lift correct? how bad is gas mileage and handling. I am really liking this look for all my MTB adventures. I am going to try lighter weight wheels and might go with 225s W/P ...to keep it close to stock weight in total....but I may be persuaded. I just drive a lot to get to the mtb places so mileage is a consideration..thanks for posting!!
Nope no lift. Handling seems a lot better than stock tires but from what I've gathered they're not particularly good to begin with. I haven't noticed a big hit on mpg yet, maybe 2-3? Hard to tell right now cause I'm doing so little driving. I tried to get lighter wheels to compensate for the heavier AT tire. From what I read the stock wheel is about 24 lbs? The Konig Ampliform in that size is suppose to be 17.6lbs, lets say 18. I believe stock tire weight is about 26lbs, and the AT Trails are 35. So added about 3lbs a tire?

2181 - 2190 of 2190 Posts