Subaru Outback Forums banner

2201 - 2220 of 2282 Posts

·
Registered
2018 White Outback Touring 2.5i
653 Posts
Finally got my new setup after following this thread for almost a year.

View attachment 483838

Konig Ampliforms 17x8 +40mm offset in Dark Grey. With Falken Wildpeak AT Trails in 235/65/17. Love how it turned out.
Got my honey a set of Falken Wildpeak ATs for her CRV. Nice tyres. Good grip, not noisy a nice tyre test for what I'm going to put on my Subaru after about another 5-10 k miles on the OE tyres.

Reactions: Jonathan Chua

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey I have been looking at a similar set up for my Twilight blue 3.6. I have been worried about anything grey might look washed out against the blue color of the car. Do you have another angle that shows the color of wheels? It looks pretty darn sweet ....decisions decisions
Snapped a few just now, its a pretty sunny day. Sorry car hasn't been washed in a bit as it barely goes anywhere right now and it just got blasted by the lawn mowers.

·
Registered
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited
18 Posts
Snapped a few just now, its a pretty sunny day. Sorry car hasn't been washed in a bit as it barely goes anywhere right now and it just got blasted by the lawn mowers.
View attachment 483906 View attachment 483907 View attachment 483908 View attachment 483909 View attachment 483910
Sweet and your Subi does not have a lift correct? how bad is gas mileage and handling. I am really liking this look for all my MTB adventures. I am going to try lighter weight wheels and might go with 225s W/P ...to keep it close to stock weight in total....but I may be persuaded. I just drive a lot to get to the mtb places so mileage is a consideration..thanks for posting!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sweet and your Subi does not have a lift correct? how bad is gas mileage and handling. I am really liking this look for all my MTB adventures. I am going to try lighter weight wheels and might go with 225s W/P ...to keep it close to stock weight in total....but I may be persuaded. I just drive a lot to get to the mtb places so mileage is a consideration..thanks for posting!!
Nope no lift. Handling seems a lot better than stock tires but from what I've gathered they're not particularly good to begin with. I haven't noticed a big hit on mpg yet, maybe 2-3? Hard to tell right now cause I'm doing so little driving. I tried to get lighter wheels to compensate for the heavier AT tire. From what I read the stock wheel is about 24 lbs? The Konig Ampliform in that size is suppose to be 17.6lbs, lets say 18. I believe stock tire weight is about 26lbs, and the AT Trails are 35. So added about 3lbs a tire?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm running 235/60/18 Yokohama Geolandar G015's. Stock 3.6R Limited 18" rims, stock ride hight, zero rubbing.

Extremely pleased with these tires in dry, wet, snow and off road capabilities . Not a significant hit in gas mileage, and quiet on the highway as well. Overall, much better than the previous generation G012's - commonly known as the Geolandar A/Ts....and significantly better than the OE all seasons.

First 3 pics of my car with them mounted, 4th pic from TireRack to show tread pattern.
Hi, could you fit 235/60/18 in the spare compartment?

·
Registered
Fillup, the 2017 3.6R
94 Posts
The purpose of this thread is to become a sticky for educational and ogling purposes only. Please respect the purpose of this thread as it will be beneficial not only now while the 2015 is in its infancy, but also in a decade when some lucky newcomer gets a ride.

Please post your specs of tire and wheel, followed by a picture.
Tire specs should include brand/model along with the measurement.
Wheel Specs need to include width and offset of wheel as well as size.

Thank you

Mod Edit:

Here is a PDF showing sizes and wheels. 1 = rub 0 = no rub.

Most of Rub can still work if you remove mud flaps.

https://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/attachments/gen-5-2015-2019/431585d1529338116-tires-wheels-proven-fit-doc1.pdf

Full credit goes to @Ktiemann for creating this PDF.

Thanks!
How accurate is this PDF exactly?... does +35mm on offset actually clear the way for 245/65/R17 where +38mm doesn't on a 7.5" wheel? That's hard for me to imagaine...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thinking to upgrade to 235/65R17 but worry about the spare. Can 235/65R17 fit in the spare compartment? Thanks

·
Registered
2016 Outback 2.5i Touring 6MT, 2014 GSW TDI 6MT
89 Posts
Thinking to upgrade to 235/65R17 but worry about the spare. Can 235/65R17 fit in the spare compartment? Thanks
Never really looked at how much room there was but it might...

Why would you need a new spare? The 225/65R17 will get you where ever you need to get to for service.

·
Registered
2018 3.6r Touring, Black, modifications: 255-55-zr18 Continental DWS06
286 Posts
I suspect the issue is there is a temp tire/spare in the car and this person is wanting to have a full sized one instead. If so, that space under floor is very limited on options. DadWagon and others have added rear/external tire carriers. Others give up cargo space or use roof rack. Others still (like me, have a roadside kit with plug kit and air compressor). My tire size has no chance of fitting under floor and I need cargo space for hauling two large dogs nearly daily

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Never really looked at how much room there was but it might...

Why would you need a new spare? The 225/65R17 will get you where ever you need to get to for service.

View attachment 484767
I have an oem full size spare 225/60r18 under the boot floor but the compartment. Was wondering if the bigger size 235/65r17 will fit in the spare compartment in case I get a puncture or flat and needing to use the oem spare with full load in the boot. Or do you guys think 225/65R17 is more than enough for the 3.6R? just wanted beefier looking tires lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello all,

I'm trying to determine if the wheels off a 2017 WRX (pictured) will fit my 2017 Outback (Touring 2.5). I've found that the bolt pattern is the same (5x114.3) and the offset for the WRX wheels are 55mm. I'm just finding conflicting info for the offset for my Outback (35-55mm range). Has anyone made this swap? Can you confirm fitment?

Thanks!

·
Registered
Fillup, the 2017 3.6R
94 Posts
Hello all,

I'm trying to determine if the wheels off a 2017 WRX (pictured) will fit my 2017 Outback (Touring 2.5). I've found that the bolt pattern is the same (5x114.3) and the offset for the WRX wheels are 55mm. I'm just finding conflicting info for the offset for my Outback (35-55mm range). Has anyone made this swap? Can you confirm fitment?

Thanks!

View attachment 484870
I think a lot of people have made this swap. The touring outback wheels have an offset of +55

·
Premium Member
2016 3.6R in Lapis Blue, Ready Lift, roof basket / roof mount tire, 2" hitch, Perrin spacers, etc...
301 Posts
No, sadly a full sized spare won't fit in the spare rire well on USDM cars (we got a smaller spare tire well/space saver spare, and a larger fuel tank as apposed to AUDM/etc cars with full sized spare wells)

My spare is on my roof, mounted to roof basket.

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
Wow, that's a lot of meat! I would ask to get some fuel economy change numbers, but given that you also drive a Raptor I'm not sure MPGs are a big priority of yours.

Looks great!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow, that's a lot of meat! I would ask to get some fuel economy change numbers, but given that you also drive a Raptor I'm not sure MPGs are a big priority of yours.

Looks great!
I just got them installed today but once i get some mpg #'s back i will post up! Compared to the Raptor it is still a fuel sipper haha. Shocking enough i had a Tesla prior to the Raptor so it was a punch in the gut going from that to 14-15mpg.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Limited 3.6R 2" ADF lift kit 17X8 (45mm off-set) Advanti DST Storm wheels 245/65R17 BFG KO2 AT tires 20mm RSB Strut Tower Brace steering Dampener Lockdown
246 Posts
I just got them installed today but once i get some mpg #'s back i will post up! Compared to the Raptor it is still a fuel sipper haha. Shocking enough i had a Tesla prior to the Raptor so it was a punch in the gut going from that to 14-15mpg.
I have the same specs wheel and tire wise but with a 2" lift - curious how it works out without a lift.
I love my KO2s but a little noisy on the hardball but worth it on the beach and trails.

·
Registered
MY2016 3.6R
32 Posts
Other than the optical (subjective) optimization, is there any benefit in going wider on a not-street-racecar vehicle?

Seems 17” is preferred custom size for most that build a more offroady vehicle. Any particular reason? Higher sidewalls give more room for error on rocks I guess?

If I am looking for A/T tires mostly for mud/snow (not rocks), any reason not to go with 225/60/18? Any performance benefit with 235/60/18?

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same specs wheel and tire wise but with a 2" lift - curious how it works out without a lift.
I love my KO2s but a little noisy on the hardball but worth it on the beach and trails.
No issues what so ever with rubbing, I have not heard it rub once. So no issues running this setup without a lift at all. I am used to the K02's in my Raptor so the noise is not a problem for us. It is definitely there but not terrible.

·
Registered
19 Outback 3.6 Limited, 13 Outback 3.6 Limited
26 Posts
After going thru this huge thread and others, I’ve decided to stay with OEM sizes...mostly because I had already purchased a new set of rims before COVID hit which gave me lots of time to search out all the other nice setups.
Toyo Open Country AT 3 (225/60/18) on Enkei TS10’s (18x8.5). A little inconspicuous with nothing protruding or bulging, but will be great for trails etc. The discount tire guy highly suggested the Falkens at this size, but I went against the grain and chose these AT3s based on the AT2 reviews.

View attachment 485877

2201 - 2220 of 2282 Posts