Subaru Outback Forums banner

2221 - 2240 of 2282 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ok I think went through the forum already cant seem to find info or pictures of any one with 2 inch lift, running on 235's on 17 inch rims. This would be on a Gen 5, can some one help?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Ok I think went through the forum already cant seem to find info or pictures of any one with 2 inch lift, running on 235's on 17 inch rims. This would be on a Gen 5, can some one help?
Hi, I think member Mattyreks may be worth checking out. His 2016 3.6 has 2" lift, 17" MR 502 wheels with Falken 245/65-17 A/T 3W tires, and lots of goodies- skidplates, spare tire carrier etc. Great photos, too. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Also found KitchenTime - 502s, Falken 245s, 2" lift, very cool pic. Taconugget has very nice photos of his Falken 235 Wildpeaks on MR 501s, but I don't think he has a lift. My photos are a good starting point- I have the 225/65-17s on 501 Methods with no lift, suits me perfectly. Remember that a lift comes with some issues, you need to make sure you are OK with that. I recommend Wes Siler's (Outside Magazine) great article on modifying Subarus, he saved me a lot of grief.

·
Registered
140 Posts
You're very welcome- glad I could help. Probably best way is to reach out directly to member rowforlife using the "conversation" function. Have fun!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Do you do a lot of off reading? Does the car feel slower?
I didn't have the stock tires and wheels on for long but I didn't notice much of a difference. The weight is pretty close to stock.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
MY18 3.6R Outback
1 Posts
I am less than satisfied with the stock tyres on my MY18 outback.
I want to go from 225/60/18 to a 235/55/18 AT tyre. Possibly the Cooper ATT.
Has anyone performed this upgrade? Coopers or otherwise.
I am 90% road and 10% fire trails and wet soggy grass at times.
Looking for options under $200 per tyre preferably. And one that wont break anything on standard suspension setup.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have had my '19 3.6R Limited for about a month, and I'm already thinking about winter/snow tires. I live in Southern Maryland, where we get the occasional 1" of snow. However, we travel to Buffalo, NY in the winter and have run in to some storms there as well as going through PA.
I found a set of wheels on Craig's List:
$500 - 4 Subaru wrx 235/45R17 Bolt pattern: 5x114.3 Centerbore: 56.1mm Wheel size: 17 x 8" Offset: +55mm
I had originally though of just going with a black steel wheel, but what are the thoughts on these?
I would want to possibly pair them with some Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015's as 99% of my driving would be on paved streets.
I looked at the pdf from post #1, and it seems like 235/65 R17 tires would fit. Am I reading this chart correctly? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HI All,
I am thinking of getting 18x8.5 wheels with +44 offset, with tires 235/55. Anyone currently running these specs?
Thank you

2221 - 2240 of 2282 Posts