Subaru Outback Forums banner

2261 - 2280 of 2312 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Please tell me you got these...(I call dibs) View attachment 487806
Tire rack has the Dakar in bronze that I have been watching for a while. Eta pusehd from june to july to all the way in September now. Would have been nice but way too far out and with shut downs who knows when they'll actually hit shops.

·
Registered
2019 Crystal White Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited
38 Posts
Tire rack has the Dakar in bronze that I have been watching for a while. Eta pusehd from june to july to all the way in September now. Would have been nice but way too far out and with shut downs who knows when they'll actually hit shops.
Good to know. Always looking for different options for the OB. I think companies are starting to finally realize the place of the CUV in the wheel market...

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Premium
36 Posts
Hey there folks, I'm working with a 2018 Outback 2.5i Premium with stock suspension and no plans for a lift.

I was looking at the following combo and was looking for your advice and expertise concerning fit and performance. I'm looking at going with a set of Method MR503 17x8" 42mm offset. I like these due to the flow form construction for strength and reduced weight since I'm working with the 4cyl. I'd love to go with a set of Cooper AT3 45's in 245/65/17, but would be content with 235/65/17 if there would be rubbing issues.

Thoughts on how these would work? Anyone running this combo? Thanks in advance for your consideration.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hey there folks, I'm working with a 2018 Outback 2.5i Premium with stock suspension and no plans for a lift.

I was looking at the following combo and was looking for your advice and expertise concerning fit and performance. I'm looking at going with a set of Method MR503 17x8" 42mm offset. I like these due to the flow form construction for strength and reduced weight since I'm working with the 4cyl. I'd love to go with a set of Cooper AT3 45's in 245/65/17, but would be content with 235/65/17 if there would be rubbing issues.

Thoughts on how these would work? Anyone running this combo? Thanks in advance for your consideration.
Me, I've got the 501 rims on my 2019, great quality. Noticed that member dirtydog57 gives a good review of his Cooper AT3s, his on 502s ( nice photos post 1805, this thread). If memory serves, your choice 503 is 42 offset like mine, the 502 is 38, either is fine. Member markinho has the 503s, but with Wildpeaks (235/65-17)- I think he really likes them, also has pics.

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Premium
36 Posts
Me, I've got the 501 rims on my 2019, great quality. Noticed that member dirtydog57 gives a good review of his Cooper AT3s, his on 502s ( nice photos post 1805, this thread page 95)t thread) . If memory serves, your choice 503 is 42 offset like mine, the 502 is 38, either is fine. Member markinho has the 503s, but with Wildpeaks (235/65-17)- I think he really likes them, also has pics.

Thank you for the confirmation / recommendation for a few users, I really appreciate you taking the time.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thank you for the confirmation / recommendation for a few users, I really appreciate you taking the time.
Glad to help. The 503 is a really nice wheel, and that low weight will offset any extra pounds of the 235 size tire.
The only issue was the higher price, but I see that it is now on sale marked down to 273 from 374. Amazing!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wonder if a set of 235/60R17 Falken Wildpeak A/T tires with Centerline 849SB Pangea wheels +35 Offset will fit on a 2015 Subaru Outback very well without any lift kit and rubbing issues?

Please let me know about this.

Thanks

·
Registered
2018 3.6r Touring, Black, modifications: 255-55-zr18 Continental DWS06
346 Posts
Sorry everyone, gotta do it....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Impreza 5dr Sport 19 Outback LTD
29 Posts
... thanks, are wheels flushed to the fender? enjoy your ride🙂

·
Registered
2019, Subaru Outback Limited 3.6R
943 Posts
Well, played!

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6r Limited 50th
6 Posts
The build begins! A big thank you to everyone who @Jimusoke @Brucey has posted their fits/pics/mistakes/etc.--it was a such a great help. For the next gal<>guy wanting to take the leap, here's what I went with...

To start, I have a 2018 3.6R Limited with no lift (yet). I went for a set of Motegi MR118s with Discoverer AT3 4Ss (245/65/17). Why the Coopers? At first, I was KO2s all the way--they sound to be a great tire and look good too--but a few too many reviews mentioned that the KO2s could get scary in the rain. I am heading to Oregon and thought the Discoverers would do me better. I ordered the wheels/tires from Tirerack, and they sent me over to the Firestone here in Missoula. The Firestone guys said they got one look at the tires/wheels and thought that's going on an Outback?! They mounted one and called me right back over. They were certain they were too big and wouldn't fit, and they worked hard to convince me of the same. ****--after all this research, they don't fit?! I would have agreed with them too looking at how tight they fit in the well. After some back and forth with the guys--who were awesome by the way--I went for it anyways, and sure enough, while certainly tight, I haven't had any rubbing yet. I'll report back as I wear them in.

The changes in power, handling, feel, dynamics etc. are all that you might expect. Here are my first impressions:
  1. The engine is having to work much harder to get the car rolling--I am surprised by how much the 3.6 is having to grunt now. These tires are glued to the street and feel like they are always working to stop the car.
  2. The steering is a little less precise with a bit of a dead spot on center, but nothing major.
  3. The ride is comfortable, and road imperfections muffled overall.
  4. Handling has changed a bit and during turns can feel a little floaty/boaty at times. I might just need to get used to it--or maybe tighter springs are the remedy?
  5. Definitely more road noise than the Duelers, but I quickly forgot about it.

2261 - 2280 of 2312 Posts