Subaru Outback Forums banner

2281 - 2300 of 2311 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited
5 Posts
On my 2018 I got rid of the noisy Bridgestone SUV tires and installed Goodyear Comfortred Touring tires. Has made a world of difference in quietness and road grip.

·
Registered
2018 3.6r Touring, Black, modifications: 255-55-zr18 Continental DWS06
341 Posts
Since this thread started the wheel choice has come in and out of style a few times but seems to be the standard go to for the soft road/off road types.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
any of you running 18x8.5 with 245/55R18 (or other) finding that you've run into any clearance issues as the car has aged? I know there are a number of you in here, and I see that when everything is new it all clears, but it's tight. Has this clearance remained OK after a few years?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anybody know of a wheel that has a large area like the method 502s that has red accents? Most of the wheels with red accents usually have pretty thin spokes that don't cover a lot of the space in the wheel.

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Premium
34 Posts
The build begins! A big thank you to everyone who @Jimusoke @Brucey has posted their fits/pics/mistakes/etc.--it was a such a great help. For the next gal<>guy wanting to take the leap, here's what I went with...

To start, I have a 2018 3.6R Limited with no lift (yet). I went for a set of Motegi MR118s with Discoverer AT3 4Ss (245/65/17). Why the Coopers? At first, I was KO2s all the way--they sound to be a great tire and look good too--but a few too many reviews mentioned that the KO2s could get scary in the rain. I am heading to Oregon and thought the Discoverers would do me better. I ordered the wheels/tires from Tirerack, and they sent me over to the Firestone here in Missoula. The Firestone guys said they got one look at the tires/wheels and thought that's going on an Outback?! They mounted one and called me right back over. They were certain they were too big and wouldn't fit, and they worked hard to convince me of the same. ****--after all this research, they don't fit?! I would have agreed with them too looking at how tight they fit in the well. After some back and forth with the guys--who were awesome by the way--I went for it anyways, and sure enough, while certainly tight, I haven't had any rubbing yet. I'll report back as I wear them in.

The changes in power, handling, feel, dynamics etc. are all that you might expect. Here are my first impressions:
  1. The engine is having to work much harder to get the car rolling--I am surprised by how much the 3.6 is having to grunt now. These tires are glued to the street and feel like they are always working to stop the car.
  2. The steering is a little less precise with a bit of a dead spot on center, but nothing major.
  3. The ride is comfortable, and road imperfections muffled overall.
  4. Handling has changed a bit and during turns can feel a little floaty/boaty at times. I might just need to get used to it--or maybe tighter springs are the remedy?
  5. Definitely more road noise than the Duelers, but I quickly forgot about it.
View attachment 488206 View attachment 488207 View attachment 488208

That setup looks amazing, congrats!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any chance someones running 17x7.5 MR139 with G015 225/65's? I know itll fit, just wanted to see if someones got pics to show? Thanks

·
Registered
341 Posts
Any chance someones running 17x7.5 MR139 with G015 225/65's? I know itll fit, just wanted to see if someones got pics to show? Thanks
Look at post 2180(something). Silver car, black MR139

Used search feature. Pretty sure there are 3-4 more people with that setup but stopped with first one

·
Registered
8 Posts
Look at post 2180(something). Silver car, black MR139

Used search feature. Pretty sure there are 3-4 more people with that setup but stopped with first one
I did see that one (and the few others) in the 235 set up. I was probably being too specific, hoping someone had pics of those wheels with 225 rubber on to see how it looks..

·
Registered
341 Posts
I'm a 255-55 guy these days

·
Registered
5 Posts
any of you running 18x8.5 with 245/55R18 (or other) finding that you've run into any clearance issues as the car has aged? I know there are a number of you in here, and I see that when everything is new it all clears, but it's tight. Has this clearance remained OK after a few years?
I'm rocking 18x8 +45 offset with 255/55/18 with a 2inch lift, and it clears nicely. What would the offset be with the 18x8.5? As you mentioned it'll be tight and it may rub when doing a full turn lock at stock height with the wheel size you're acquiring. You maybe stretching the tire so it maybe okay? Can't say for sure..

·
Registered
341 Posts
I'm rocking 18x8 +45 offset with 255/55/18 with a 2inch lift, and it clears nicely. What would the offset be with the 18x8.5? As you mentioned it'll be tight and it may rub when doing a full turn lock at stock height with the wheel size you're acquiring. You maybe stretching the tire so it maybe okay? Can't say for sure..
I have 255-55-r18 on stock 7" wheels no lift. No rub. 7" is the minimum for my Continental tires

2281 - 2300 of 2311 Posts