Subaru Outback Forums banner

41 - 60 of 2008 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
This site doesn't understand the 2015 Limited has 18" OEM & Premium 17" OEM so it's a bit difficult to get comparisons... wheel width and offset also need to be considered. Looks as if it's going to be costly to fit winter tires, especially studded to a 18" 114.3 and good of used 16 or 17" alloys with proper stud pattern and offset may be difficult to match up???

·
Registered
64 Posts
TPMS rebuild kit are about $5-$7ea.
Tire installation(mount & balance) are about $15ea
It all depends on new wheel, but might need to get new lug nuts about $45 for a set of 20 with key.
These price are my local area and USD.
Are the rebuild kits the same for all cars? Any good links to buy from?

Thanks tomtom!

G

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm not sure about all kits are same.
I would check price on tirerack.com or any other internet store, and take the lowest price to your local shop and let them get it for you. The way you will be cover, if there is any problems in future. You are going to be taking in to get tire mounted anyway right?
Do you have Discount Tire near you? They will much price with any other stores, including online store.
Unfortunately we dont have discount tire up here. There are a few local shops though. Probably the biggest is - Kal Tire|Tires, Custom Wheels, Batteries and Full Mechanical Service - Kaltire

Before long I will go see them and ask them about the install.

G

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Wheels: 2005-2007 OEM STi 17x8 +53
Tires: 2015 OEM Bridgestone 225/65r17

I bought a set of 5 wheels where three were painted Dupli-color Graphite. This presented me with a unique opportunity to test before I paint, and also share the wealth with ya'll

I am going to paint all of them graphite as that is what I prefer. New (aggressive) tires next year.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wheels: Niche Verona M150 20X9 35mm Offset
Tires: Yokohama YK580 245/45R20
View attachment 99441
I am currently looking for wheels/tires for my '15 Outback. Looks like it's a toss up between 19's or 20's. Can you tell me if you've had any fitment issues? Did the front wheels need to be realigned because the 20's push out two more inckes? Any rubbing? Is there any room for a wheel to go in closer to the strut without rubbing it? Did the wheels need to be shaved or redrilled? If you could do it over would you go with a different offset or diameter?

Thanks in advance for any input you could give me.

·
Registered
138 Posts

2015 STI Base (Enkei)
Size: 18x8.5"
Offset: +55
Bolt Pattern: 5x114
Wheel Weight: 24.25
OEM-equipped tire size: 245/40-18

2015 STI Limited (BBS)
Wheel Weight: ?
Available in silver and gold.

I want to see the Silver BBS on a Outback. Here's the link to find other Subaru OEM 5x114.3 bolt patterns:

Master thread of OEM Subaru Wheel Specs - NASIOC

·
Registered
665 Posts

2015 STI Base (Enkei)
Wheel Weight: 24.25

2015 STI Limited (BBS)
Wheel Weight: ?
Available in silver and gold.

I want to see the Silver BBS on a Outback. Here's the link to find other Subaru OEM 5x114.3 bolt patterns:

Master thread of OEM Subaru Wheel Specs - NASIOC
So who's going to be the first to lower a '15 and put on a set of proper wheels and tires? Those STI limited wheels would look incredible.

·
Registered
97 Posts
This site doesn't understand the 2015 Limited has 18" OEM & Premium 17" OEM so it's a bit difficult to get comparisons... wheel width and offset also need to be considered. Looks as if it's going to be costly to fit winter tires, especially studded to a 18" 114.3 and good of used 16 or 17" alloys with proper stud pattern and offset may be difficult to match up???
Just FYI studded tires have been tested and shown to be inferior to unstudded tires once the studs start to wear (thousand miles or so). This is because the studs get rounded off, whereas the non-studded tires retain their flexibility and grip via sipes and soft, pliable compounds.

Studs aren't the way to go. If you want the best, look at the latest from Hakka, Bridgestone and Michelin.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Does anyone know if

(1) current or previous WRX STi wheels will fit

and

(2) if so, are any of them forged vs cast?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
They might all be forged. and yes, if you read the previous post, you'll see that I have STi wheels on. and yes, any Subaru 5x114 (all of the 2005+ STi) wheel will fit

·
Registered
18 Posts
Now I've researched this a bit and there are many other vehicles like the outback with the same bolt pattern tire size just curious if the centre hub will fit

This is what I've researched so far that has the same bolt pattern and tire diameter

Acura rdx
Dodge journey
Dodge caravan 2010 and up
Toyota rav 4 2013 and up
Chevrolet equinox 2010 and up
Honda CRV 2011 and up
Mercedes glk 2012 and up
Suzuki grand vitara
Mazda cx5
Lexus rx350

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
tire diameter doesn't matter. Wheel offset, bolt pattern, and rim size is what matters

41 - 60 of 2008 Posts
About this Discussion
2K Replies
560 Participants
JHOutback
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing