Subaru Outback Forums banner

61 - 80 of 2134 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5i 2007 Lexus GS450h
138 Posts
BBS vs Enkei vs OEM Limited

I plan to keep the 18" OEM Limited wheels and put Continental PureContact or Michelin Premier A/S with it. I've read that PureContact is better for the snow and Premier A/S is more comfortable, anyone with experience with these 2 specific tires?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Would any 16" wheels fit the 2015 Outback? I'd love to get a set of Grabber AT 2's or BFGoodrich T/A KOs while keeping the stock tire height of 28.5 inches. That height is only offered for 16" wheels, though.

I've heard that only 17's and up will fit due to the larger 2015 brakes, but my GTI has the same-ish size disks (12.3" and 12.4") and I run 16" Sport Edition A7s in the winter. Then of course you have the calipers on top of that, but...

Do some wheels of a given size offer more clearance than others? I'd be very happy if any 16" wheel fit over the 2015's brakes. If they did, they'd presumably fit the 2014 Forester XT as well.

·
Registered
15MY 2.5i w/ES
592 Posts
Do some wheels of a given size offer more clearance than others? I'd be very happy if any 16" wheel fit over the 2015's brakes. If they did, they'd presumably fit the 2014 Forester XT as well.
Some do, but it's also not just the shape of the rim. It's also the size of the calipers..

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd still be very interested to find a 16" wheel that would fit 2015 Outbacks, but I may have found a 17" solution. What I really want is just an all-terrain tire that has more off road ability than the OEM Bridgestone Dueler tires, or even a little more ability than the Geolanders that come on the Forester and XV Crosstrek. Not many AT tires come in low(er) profile shapes as would be similar to the Outback's OEM size, but the Kumho Road Venture AT KL78 comes in a 29.1" diameter, which is only 0.6" taller than stock. It's a 235/65R17, so it also doesn't have an overly wide section width. I'd prefer thinner, but beggars can't be choosers! This would be markedly larger than the Forester's stock size and certainly the Crosstrek's stock size, but I think it might work well on the Outback without any accompanying modifications.

Of course, I don't actually have an Outback yet :D I'm thinking about one though (or possibly a fozzy), and these days I like to pick out tire choices before buying vehicles. Call me crazy, but I think picking out tires is fun.

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5i PZEV
254 Posts
I would love to see an OB with KO's! It is an "SUV" after all. I'm debating some good all season's vs some winter tires and a set of the stock whatevers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
New realizations keep coming, haha... The Yokohama Geolandars that come OEM on the Crosstrek and Forester (which are great for my Mom's Forester, but I deemed not aggressive enough for me) are "highway all-season" tires and NOT the Geolandar AT's that I thought they were. The Geolandar AT is a much more aggressive tire which comes in all the Crosstrek/Forester/Outback stock 17" sizes. Some people even squeeze these tires onto WRXs. Very cool!

That said, they don't look nearly as cool as the KO's :) I'll keep that dream alive, though the Geolandar AT's might be my way to go.

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5i PZEV
254 Posts
Anyone know the Center Bore size for the new Outback? is it still 56.1MM? I'm planning to get spacer, does it really matter the with Center Bore size with spacer?

Can't help myslelf when spacers come up...Do not use them!

I had a bolt sheer off on a set of spacers on my Jeep. Do not recommend. Always always always better/safer to get new wheels than get spacers.

Continue on...

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5i PZEV
254 Posts
Did you get the right centric ring to fit with your center bore? Or that was the issue?
Hub centric spacers from Rough Country, definitely not ebay knock-off's. A bolt sheered off from on of the rear spacers and was only found when I was having my rear rotors replaced. I had the mechanic take them all off and never looked back. I never liked the idea of how they work in the first place.

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5i PZEV
254 Posts
Got a quote today for winter tires and they were trying to get me to buy some wheels as well. I don't like to impulse without looking around first but I might actually get these:

Blizzak WS80's mounted/balanced/tax = $667 ($128/tire)

Blizzack's + Wheels (included lugnuts/TPMS/mount/balance/tax) = $1,227
- Original "price" was $1,450

They're also offering a $100 mail in rebate if I get the wheels. We'll see tomorrow if they'll come down a little more. Wasn't totally set on buying wheels for my Outback. I have the stock 17's, which aren't hideous, but also not great in the looks department. Maaaaaybe if they offer to buy my stock wheels for any amount I'd bite.

What do you guys think? I' might go with the charcoal wheels instead of the black. The black also has a red strip along the outer edge. Although I'm sure I could find another brand without the red stripe. I love BBS styling and quality, but not for the $$$. It's not a race car.

Brand is "Drag." Will be going on a white OB, FYI.

Some virtual pictures of wheels that look close to these from tire rack:

·
Registered
138 Posts
TSW Nurburgring *Forged

What do you guys think? I' might go with the charcoal wheels instead of the black. The black also has a red strip along the outer edge. Although I'm sure I could find another brand without the red stripe. I love BBS styling and quality, but not for the $$$. It's not a race car.
Hey Kayak83, the BBS SR is nice but your right about the $$$ mounted with Blizzak WS80 would be like $2000 for the whole package. If your going with the Drag wheels, I vote for charcoal.

Here's a another popular wheel TSW Nurburgring *Forged that a lot of WRX owners get aftermarket because of the light weight (17lb) compared to OEM weight (22lb). 3 colors Bronze, Mirror, and Black. Price is around $200-$250 per wheel contact your local Discount Tire for exact pricing:

Nurburgring Alloy Wheels by TSW

They don't have 2015 Outback view yet so here's a 2014 in white:

·
Registered
138 Posts
I got 17x8 wheels off a 2015 WRX and put the on my 225/65R 102 OEM tires. What do you think?
Nice 007! My 15 Limited on order has the exact color as yours TBM but I'm probably going to keep the OEM 18" wheels. How much did you pay for 15 WRX wheels craigslist?

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5i PZEV
254 Posts
I just realized Discount tire is including hub centric rings with the wheels. Are these safe? Are there wheels that don't need these? I'm confused.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nice 007! My 15 Limited on order has the exact color as yours TBM but I'm probably going to keep the OEM 18" wheels. How much did you pay for 15 WRX wheels craigslist?
I love the TBM color - at first I was unsure because in bring light it can show a little purple. But now I am very happy with the color. The OEM 17's just didnt seem to go very good - they kept reminding me of the Tribeca

Got the 2015 WRX wheels for $450 on CL, so it was a pretty decent swap. I like those TSW Nurburgring alot - might switch to that in the future. These wheels are a little more "black" then "gun metal" I like the black/aluminum looks of the TSW Nurburgring wheels.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6R Limited
181 Posts
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but for those that quickly switch to aftermarket wheels, what do you do with the OEM wheels/tires? I'm guessing Craigslist is more or less the only option? I've never put aftermarket wheels on a car, but am considering it this time. What would be a realistic/ballpark expectation for what I could fetch for blemish free 18" limited wheels & tires with <2K miles?

61 - 80 of 2134 Posts