Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all, I'm now on the site and am hoping you could provide me with some guidance on new tire purchase. I've got a 06 outback limited that is need of some new all season footwear. We live in Chicago so light snow traction should be considered, budget is also a consideration. Tires ain't cheap.

I've been looking at a few options.

Continental extreme contact DWS - $550 tire rack (plus shipping, install). $700 total

Kumho escta 4x - about $625 total (install, etc....)

BF Goodrich Advantage T/A - $570 + install/shipping -$725 total

Open to other options, but I would like to keep the total $700 and under.

Kumho's seem generally good, but there are questions regarding noise and tread life. I've seen nothing but good about the Conti's, aside from sideway flex discussion.

So what do you folks think, like. Winter is finally rolling into Chicago and I'd like to get the car outfitted soon, so would like to do it quickly but like all guys want to do my homework first.

Thanks

·
Registered
Car: 2008 Tribeca, 2010 LGT, Sold: 2005 XT Limited
2,926 Posts
We had a pair of Kumho Escta. Lasted 40k and were very dangerous in the snow from day 1.

Triple Tred are decent in the snow, great in dry and rain. Slightly noisy, but worth it. 60k on them and they will last another 10k.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts