Subaru Outback Forums banner

To debadge or not to debadge. That is the question!

• Yes

Votes: 24 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 26 46.4%
  • PlastiDip

Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2019, Subaru Outback Limited 3.6R
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To debadge or not to debadge? That is the question!

I HATE chrome!

·
Registered
2018 Outback Limited 2.5i and 2018 Audi A4
48 Posts
I never understood the desire to debadge a car. Whether you debadge or not, it is still a Subaru and most people will know. No taking off the dealer’s decal is something I understand. If someone wants to use my car as an advertisement I want to be paid for the privilege.

·
Registered
2019 Outback 2.5 Ltd
36 Posts
I just left the "Subaru" and "Outback" on, but took off the "symmetrical AWD" which (ironically) took away from the symmetry of the rear of the car. Feels much more balanced, and without being a Subaru nerd, you'd never know it's been altered.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Seems like this was a thing over on VWvortex. The one time I removed lettering off a car was because I got tired of cleaning around the lettering. Lot easier after that.

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Outback, 2.5 Premium
8 Posts
I definitely prefer the debadged look. It's just much more clean and less cluttered to me, but obviously just personal preference. And yes, this is definitely a "thing" on VWVortex. I own both a Golf Sportwagen and an Outback; both debadged. No regrets.

·
Registered
2015 3.6R
1,855 Posts
I debadged and overlayed the emblems. Kids, and some adults, get a kick out of it.

Attachments

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
15,979 Posts
I never understood the desire to debadge a car. Whether you debadge or not, it is still a Subaru and most people will know.
It depends on the level you take it. With Frankie, I removed all the lettering and I also removed the 6-Star badge from the rear garnish. (that required bondo work and some paint) I also made a custom grill without the 6-Star badge.

I have have had several people, even groups approach me in a parking lot wanting to know what the h*ll I was driving. Jaws drop when I say "it's just your grandmother's Outback."

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Outback Touring 3.6R Wilderness Green
299 Posts
I debadged and overlayed the emblems. Kids, and some adults, get a kick out of it.
I like the exhaust tip you have, I debadged my other vehicle but this time I won't do it because I'm to lazy and old. :smile2::smile2::wink2:

·
Registered
05 OBXT & 16 Crosstrek
656 Posts
I had an 06 Legacy that I swapped trunks on and it came debadged. People would always ask what kind of car I had since I also had S7 overlays . I got lots of compliments.
On my 14 WRX I debadged everything, but the WRX. I did the same on my 19. I kinda like it that way.

·
Registered
2019 OB 2.5i Limited
78 Posts
Debadged here. Originally wanted to rebadge with black emblems, but it seems the OB’s don’t get the same amount of love as other models from aftermarket companies. Stock just looked a bit cluttered to me, so off they came.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Outback Limited 3.6R 2" ADF lift kit 17X8 (45mm off-set) Advanti DST Storm wheels 245/65R17 BFG KO2 AT tires 20mm RSB Strut Tower Brace steering Dampener Lockdown
240 Posts
To debadge or not to debadge? That is the question!

I HATE chrome!
+1 I hate chrome as well (and wood trim for this type of car - covered it with carbonfiber wrap ). All the chrome on my OB is blacked out - well except where I made it red (the 3.6 and OUTBACK on the side). I did remove one little badge on the back that looked cluttered but can't remember what it was exactly.

I am thinking about the six star emblem - maybe black carbonfiber back ground and six red stars . . . . not sure - my 2017 Crosstrek the emblem is black carbonfiber and shiny black stars which looks pretty stealth so maybe I'll go that way again - again still have not decided - kind of OK with the stock emblem.

·
Registered
2019 OB 2.5i Limited
78 Posts
I did remove one little badge on the back that looked cluttered but can't remember what it was exactly

You removed the “Symmetrical”, looks way better. I love your rig, btw.

·
Registered
2000 Outback, 6" Lift - FOR SALE; 2017 Forester XT; 2017 Outback 3.6R
38 Posts
I plan on debadging soon, I was going to plasti-dip it all, then the thought was to remove everything but the 'R' and plasti-dip that black, but we debadged my fiance's Forester XT and it just looks cleaner. I will be doing mine the next oil change/service

·
Registered
2018 White Outback Touring 2.5i
602 Posts
Now what do I do with the bag of stick-on badges they sent me? I think I've got one of everything. Oh well Happy 4th of July everybody.

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited 3.6R
26 Posts
+1 I hate chrome as well (and wood trim for this type of car - covered it with carbonfiber wrap )....
What did you use for the carbon fiber wrap? That looks fantastic! Also did you remove the wood trim and wrap, or just wrap in place?

·
Registered
2018 Outback Limited 3.6R 2" ADF lift kit 17X8 (45mm off-set) Advanti DST Storm wheels 245/65R17 BFG KO2 AT tires 20mm RSB Strut Tower Brace steering Dampener Lockdown
240 Posts
What did you use for the carbon fiber wrap? That looks fantastic! Also did you remove the wood trim and wrap, or just wrap in place?
Actually I had the wood trim covered with 3M carbonfiber wrap at the same time I had the windows tinted - and yes the guy who did it removed the wood trim and covered it. This is my fourth car to have the windows tinted by the same young guy who is absolutely amazing to watch work. He also did my fog lights (I provided the yellow lamix) for $25 and he did it in minutes - it took me 6 or 7 tries and about 20 minutes per light on my Crosstrek to finally get it right - he just did it and they were perfect.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts