Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2013 3.6r w/ sap package not that matters for the off the wall thing I’m about to ask. I already the ssd front brushguard with a few under carriage beefing up for the times I may have to ram something.

Now I’m looking for someone who makes rear brush guards for the 13. Hitch mount bars won’t work I need a frame mounted bar but it needs to look kind of subdued I don’t want to haven’t looking like I bolted a hummer bumper to the car. Car is used for client protection and yes your wondering why in the **** am I using a subie for this. That is just the point no one will ever think of a family wagon to be used like this and it works out great my only weak link is the rear bumper and my welder is deployed and god willing will be coming home safe and sound but that won’t be for 32 months

·
Registered
11 Posts
Where did you find your ssd front brushguard? It's ****-near impossible to find bumper protection or anything else for that matter that fits a '13 OB.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
9,562 Posts
Are any of you aware of a thicker plate that could stop, say, .338 Lapua or something like that? Is there a better way to do the second plate?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where did you find your ssd front brushguard? It's ****-near impossible to find bumper protection or anything else for that matter that fits a '13 OB.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
SSD is where I got front guard and made some frame strengthens to it. A company called vanguard does make frot and rear bars but and for 15+ models. I’m having no luck on a rear bar for a 4th gen.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And Brucey my doors are Kevlar Lined the glass will shatter but I used the lamination that Mercedes uses so a round will stick in the window my biggest issues is in ramming something and has the car crumple and not to be able to me which can lead to a dead client and dead me that’s what I don’t want

·
Registered
777 Posts
That is exactly the reason the Sube is not a great choice for your intended usage. The car is designed from the ground up to completely sacrifice itself to protect the occupants. Great to protect clients in a collision but if the threat is from malicious actors, then the car may be too easily disabled. I do agree the stealth factor is good, as you stated. Not being a black Suburban or luxury SUV is low profile.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts