Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it looks like the Subaru Dealer has complete control of updates.

I understand from your e-mail that you need to update the built in navigation device in your 2018 Subaru Outback. Please be assured that I will put my best efforts to assist you.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Roger, the map for the 2018 Subaru Outback are developed by TomTom however the software for your built in device isn't supported by TomTom due to which you will be unable to update the built in navigation device in your 2018 Subaru Outback using the TomTom applications (TomTom HOME or MyDrive Connect).
For this reason we kindly request that you speak to your dealer who can advise you further on resolving the issue.

For the dealer’s reference, please provide the TomTom incident number (171226-001018.) and if possible a printed copy of the email communication you have had with our support team. This will assist the dealer in finding the right resolution for you.

Your car dealer who will be able to help you to know how would you be able to check the map version and also help you with the map installation process.

Alternately, you can also contact Subaru support for any further support. Please click on the below mentioned link that will help you to contact Subaru Customer Support.

With Kind Regards,

Sagar B.

TomTom Customer Support

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6R
54 Posts
Kind of thread mining here but I have a TomTom GO620 - had it a couple of years in the last car and bought it for UK/EU maps for holiday navigation.
Now with the 2018 OB, the inboard TomTom is a bit useless - in so far as I cannot prepare a route in the app on my phone and have the car's unit grab the data to proceed via Mydrive simply as we can with the sucker mounted 620. The usual way we are doing this when required is via CarPlay / Google maps which is much simpler. I find the pronunciation of commonly used terms / words is a bit like a brain injury as well.

'Towards' is spoken as 'towerds (like towers with a d in it) and some of the roads are mis-labelled - data related I know.

Pretty vanilla sort of feature when it isn't as utilitarian as an off the shelf $200 portable bluetooth enabled, voice command optioned efficient web enabled device. which we can update when and as we like.

Did I whip the factory box of tricks too hard?

Jock

1 - 2 of 2 Posts