Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Outback 3.6R
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a month ago, my 2016 Outback 3.6 started randomly throwing a bunch of warning lights up on the dash, all at once. From check engine light, to "No Eye Sight", to hill-descent light, and many others. They all come on at once and stay there until I disconnect the battery to reset it. Then all is fine for about a week, and it all happens again.

Weird thing is that the car seems to be 100% operational while all of the warning lights are displayed.

I did have the battery replaced a week ago at the Subie dealership (under warranty) as the negative terminal had green crud on it. Apparently was a bad battery. I thought this would solve the issue, but apparently not.

Any ideas???

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,307 Posts
moved thread to gen5 section.

did they replace that battery cable too? (wonder if the corrosion got up into the sheath).

·
Registered
2016 Outback 3.6R
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There may be a little corrosion left over, but not much. I was thinking about replacing the negative terminal clamp that bolts onto the wiring harness. Looks like there is a little electrical device that is part of the terminal clamp. Anyone got a part number on that?

When the negative battery terminal corrosion issue first happened, I did spray some battery terminal anti-corrosion stuff on both clamps/posts.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Certainly the symptoms are those of a power fault, wiring harness fault, etc. I had the same in my 2015 but replacing the battery did fix it. Looks like tracking down whatever wiring or connection fault there is will be required. The lighting of everything and turning off all electronic controls such as Eyesight while allowing the car to still run just fine seems to be the programed response to out of spec electrical excursions. Everything resets when the noise is gone for a little while. I wonder who figured out which lights should light to alarm the driver. In my car parking brake on and transmission overtemp seemed to be the selected candidates. One time I also got a tire pressure warning. The tire pressure really was low.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
What codes are being thrown by the CEL?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts