Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!!, So little background I have 2" top strut/body spacers, as well as 2" lift in the rear sub-frame and trailing arm spacers. So I have some 2017 Outback rims on my car, 225/60/18 and they are rubbing way too much! I had the tires on without the subframe and trailing arm spacers, so just yesterday I finished up putting these spacers all on, but it did nothing to raise the car!! so I'm wondering if maybe I just need new struts or what!?

any help would be appreciated!

Oh sorry! forgot to mention this is on a 2002 outback limited

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,193 Posts
what are the tires? (some AT with really aggressive deep thread?)

I run 225/60/16 cooper studded snows on my 2002 with no mods,...these are old school deep tread snows.
. they rub only when the car leaves the surface of the ice like when going over washboard/ pot holes on the worst roads we got,...(and I forget to slow down).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They're just the stock ones, so like all season tires, bridgestones, I don't remember the like full name, but they're just normal street tires, and ya they really don't rub until I hit like a small dip going over like 6MPH....

·
Registered
2013 BRZ 2005 OBXT
231 Posts
2" of lift does not translate into 2" large tires being able to be accepted. One thing I would also note is 18" wheels are not ideal wheels for any kind of off-road application. With an offroad application you would be better suited for more side wall and less wheel size.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes I know it doesn't.... but with the 16"s I had a lot more room as there was a huge gap between the wheels and everything else... and ya they're not ideal for off-roading but they'll go everywhere I need to, all the heavy duty off-roading I do the wheels will do just fine, Its a daily driver so I'm not too worried about the off-road capabilities as much as I am the daily driving abilities, I still have my 16"s I can throw on if I am doing anything too much for the 18"s

1 - 9 of 9 Posts