Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a subaru outback 2016 2.5i limited .. my problem is that the area of ​​the navigation system the dust accumulation is too much ... I have to clean the screen every day ... I change the cabin filter ..my outback only has 9000 miles ... any idea how to keep that dust out of the area? I drive in the city and not on rural roads.

Thank you

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,317 Posts
moved thread, updated title.

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,144 Posts
You know Swiffy has a new record. Everybody loves Swiffy,

or swiffer. Or California duster...Can we say ... Microfiber?

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Premium + Eyesight
53 Posts
You do realize dust in enclosed spaces like a home or in this case, your car, comes largely from the people or animals that live there. Maybe some lotion might help keep you moisturized and car less dusty!

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
4,301 Posts
I've used dryer sheets, like Bounce or Snuggle, to wipe off TV screens and monitors and they seem to reduce static which attracts dust. Seems like it would work on the nav screen as well.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,017 Posts
Mine collects fingerprints . Dust, not so much.

·
Registered
17 OB 2.5i
42 Posts
You need to vacuum the interior of the car regularly. I use the attachment with the brush to do around the dash.

There's a lot of anti-static (computer) display cleaners that you can use on the display. But I keep a small microfiber duster wand under my seat to give a quick wipe of the dash/console area, in-between vacuums

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited
297 Posts
I carry a fold up swiffer in the center console for a quick dusting of the dash, it works well and is quick and easy.

As you get older, you turn to dust, I know for sure cause I'm pretty old and getting older and there's more dust around me these days!!!

Gene

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6R
68 Posts
Joins a forum and asks one (stupid) question.... Why do we even bother trying to help someone that doesn't even want to help themselves?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Keep a little screen brush in reach. Something like a makeup brush or shaving brush. Real soft. It will clean the dust off quickly and I believe helps with the static cling thing somewhat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts