Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I bought outback 2010 just a week ago so I'm new here. I love drive my outback though I found one thing odd and a little uncomfortable comparing to my previous Impreza. It feels like I have too much road feedback via steering wheel. I mean even small roughness on surface (even paint between the lanes) makes steering wheel turning to the right or left.

This makes driving not so relaxing as it was with Impreza.

The day a bought the car I had it thoroughly checked by local subaru dealer. They found nothing suspicious.

What can cause such behavior? Tires? Or it's just normal?

·
Registered
'14 3.6R Outback
2,345 Posts
2010's did this sometimes but it's improtant to make sure we are talking about the same stuff, so...

How many miles, what tires do you have?

Also check out these threads and see if they are simular.
Steering Wheel Shake Issues - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

Also,
:welcome2:

I found that my car wandered a little bit till the tires had about 6k miles on them. Also I put on the RSB and that really helped with the "wind shear" these cars can wander in a good wind.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Be careful what you wish for. A lively steering feel could be better than the sticky on-center steering feel I have on mine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought about overinflated tires too so I just have checked air pressure. There were not overinflated though there was huge difference on front wheels. Didn't have a chance to test drive after that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts