Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Twilight Blue Legacy Premium
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my car july 20th and I just took my first real road trip this past weekend. I typically do 500 miles a month, so I had about 1,400 before I left.

I went down to North Carolina just west of raleigh. The total mileage each way was about 400 miles. I made it going down on 3/4 of a tank of gas and did the same coming back as well. I had my friend and her baby as well as the car being loaded with luggage and I achieved 30.1 going down and 31.5 coming home per my calculations. Trip comp said 30.3 and 31.8 respectively. I am very happy with those numbers

Here are my thoughts. I honestly can't find anything to complain about with this car. I find it easier to get better mpgs with this car than my 2012 Impreza I traded. I have the 2.5 and even with the car loaded up I had no problems passing or going up hills. Cruise control works great and I love that it tells me the speed I set it at.

My favorite part of the car? The comfort! The seats are amazingly comfortable for me.

A complaint? The firmness of the suspension. It has a smooth ride especially on the roads down in NC, but on the highway the ruts and bumps get felt thru the inside. I didn't expect it to be as smooth as my 2011 OB, but it definitely rides as smooth on freshly paved roads.

My friend drove for a few hours coming back and she noticed the lane wandering. I noticed it too, but I got used to it. She asked me about it and I showed her the thread on here.

Overall, I am extremely happy with my car and I hope to keep it for a long time! Going in for it's first oil change next monday!

·
Registered
42 Posts
That's about the same MPG I'm getting in my 13 as well. Fortunately, no lane wandering, though.

Regarding the suspension, you can't have both. I think it's a good compromise.

·
Registered
2010 outback. base 2.5
1,970 Posts
Bought my car july 20th and I just took my first real road trip this past weekend. I typically do 500 miles a month, so I had about 1,400 before I left.

I went down to North Carolina just west of raleigh. The total mileage each way was about 400 miles. I made it going down on 3/4 of a tank of gas and did the same coming back as well. I had my friend and her baby as well as the car being loaded with luggage and I achieved 30.1 going down and 31.5 coming home per my calculations. Trip comp said 30.3 and 31.8 respectively. I am very happy with those numbers

Here are my thoughts. I honestly can't find anything to complain about with this car. I find it easier to get better mpgs with this car than my 2012 Impreza I traded. I have the 2.5 and even with the car loaded up I had no problems passing or going up hills. Cruise control works great and I love that it tells me the speed I set it at.

My favorite part of the car? The comfort! The seats are amazingly comfortable for me.

A complaint? The firmness of the suspension. It has a smooth ride especially on the roads down in NC, but on the highway the ruts and bumps get felt thru the inside. I didn't expect it to be as smooth as my 2011 OB, but it definitely rides as smooth on freshly paved roads.

My friend drove for a few hours coming back and she noticed the lane wandering. I noticed it too, but I got used to it. She asked me about it and I showed her the thread on here.

Overall, I am extremely happy with my car and I hope to keep it for a long time! Going in for it's first oil change next monday!

I would of thought the lane wandering would be gone with the stiffer front and rear suspension and a slightly bigger RSB, perhaps your alignment is off. Also, how much more noise from the highway ruts and bumps is it compared to the 11? (and I totally agree on comfort ) even the non-adjustable base seat is comfy IMO, perhaps a little short in length.

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback Premium 2.5i All-Weather+Moonroof Venetian Red Pearl W/ Ivory Coth
572 Posts
I do not have any lane wandering either. Regarding the MPG ours is improving, but when it was brand new I did not get 30 mpg on the hwy. Now that we are over 3000 miles its starting to do better. I find that the sweet spot is 60-65 mph on state highways on cruise on level ground. I can get 35 mpg so long as I dont stop!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would of thought the lane wandering would be gone with the stiffer front and rear suspension and a slightly bigger RSB, perhaps your alignment is off. Also, how much more noise from the highway ruts and bumps is it compared to the 11? (and I totally agree on comfort ) even the non-adjustable base seat is comfy IMO, perhaps a little short in length.
It could be the alignment and I will have them look at it when I take it in for the oil change. I'm just used to it now and it really doesn't bother me.

The noise isn't that much different(the car is super quiet on the highway!), but you feel the bumps and ruts more.

I need the length in the seat and while it could maybe use a tiny more, it is still very comfortable for me.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do not have any lane wandering either. Regarding the MPG ours is improving, but when it was brand new I did not get 30 mpg on the hwy. Now that we are over 3000 miles its starting to do better. I find that the sweet spot is 60-65 mph on state highways on cruise on level ground. I can get 35 mpg so long as I dont stop!

On a 120 mile round trip I hit 34.2 on the highway, but I haven't seen that since. That was 2 weeks after I got the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts